Epicor update from 10.2.400.13 to 10.2.500.9

Hi Team,

We are updating Epicor from 10.2.400.13 to 10.2.500.9. Successfully installed the base and updated package and also successfully updated the database to 10.2.500.9. It also successfully registered the existing application server but existing application is not connecting.

It shows error “The requested service, ‘net.tcp://erptest-app01.abc.ca/EpicorPilot/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc’ could not be activated.”

I have checked the IIS settings seems all good and authenticating the directory. I also checked IIS, Epicor Search Index, and net.tcp services are running.

Any idea what is the issue and how we can fix it?

Thanks
Sazzad

Have you rebooted the app server? I’ve run into this before and reboot will clear it up. Something happens when the server is registered and it throws this error.

@chaddb I have already tried the reboot both apps and SQL server. For this type of similar issue reboot worked before but this time no luck.

I get that error when trying to connect to an App in EAC, when the App is setup for Windows channel binding, and the user used to launch EAC is not a valid epicor user.

Try holding SHIFT down while right clicking the EAC shortcut and selecting “Run as a different user”. Then provide the domain credentials for a user that has and E10 account that is Sec Manager

Not sure you have to resort to this yet, but you may need to recreate your App Server. I had all sorts of problems trying to upgrade and then register the existing application server. The consensus on this forum seems to be that recreating your app server is the way to go when upgrading to 10.2.500

@TomAlexander nope it is not fixed yet. We are still trying registered existing application server.

From any version going to 10.2.500?

I think it became a best practice starting with going to 10.2.300 if memory serves. Just do it. Makes your life a whole lot easier. I’m pretty sure that’s what the Cloud Team does too.

Update: Any version of 10.2.

We upgraded to 10.2.400 from 10.2…300 over Labor Day weekend. I didn’t recreate our app servers. I ran the install for the release, upgraded the database, and add the app server in the EAC. Everything connected up in the EAC and worked.

I didn’t know it was recommended practice to recreate app servers. Knowing that now though, when we go to 10.2.500 I think I will. When you say recreate do you completely uninstall Epicor and reinstall? Or what’s your definition of recreating?

1 Like

Remember, I’m currently a cloud guy so these things never impact me. :wink:

Here’s one of threads though…

1 Like

Yea, completely missed that recommendation… Whoops :upside_down_face:

Guess I’ll change my update procedures…

@chaddb last time I did the upgrade from 10.2.200.27 to 10.2.400.13 and it was smooth. I did not recreate apps servers.

Epicor did our upgrade from 10.2.200 to 10.2.300 and didn’t recreate. Then I did the 10.2.300 to 10.2.400 and didn’t. Both times everything worked. But, it sounds like there are issues going to 10.2.500. It’s not that much more work to recreate the apps. I think that’s how I’ll do our 10.2.500 update.

We are trying to add new application server by removing existing application server but it gives below error message. Anyone has any idea about this error to fix it?

Epicor Admin Console uses the credentials of the user that launched it, when deploying. If that user doesn’t have the rights to do certain things (or even use certain temp folders) a deployment can fail.

See if you (using the credentials you launched EAC with) can connect to the DB in SSMS on the SQL server.

@ckrusen the credential I am using has domain admin access. I can connect to DB in SQL server using this credential.

Does that user have Epicor access?

@chaddb yes, it has Epicor access…same user ID I have used last time when it was upgraded from 10.2.200.27 to 10.2.400.13 and on that time there was no issue. The upgrade was smooth.

Does the deployment succeed if SSRS is not selected?

Um, you have basically treat everything as a brand new install. Everything serperate. Pros and cons