Epicor Mobile CRM

The latest epicor updates have the CRM mobile, applications for android and iOS, someone has been able to configure them, I always receive the error number -1 or 404.

You need to have the REST interface enabled and on the WAN on your Epicor instance… (do you?)

I am currently only testing through the LAN, before mapping ports on the WAN, I suppose it should work. What I do not know is the complete route to the service.

I’m testing Epicor 10.2.100.8, Rest is enable by default.

This is what I put in the server field: https://myserver/myinstancetest
Is this correct?

Assuming that’s where your REST interface lives
See if you can hit
https://myserver/myinstancetest/api/help/

Yep, I can even see the api from the iOS and Android browser, but I can not make the application connect correctly. I guess something is missing on the server path.

Did you install the BAQs? If you are on an older release 10.1.5 you’ll need to install the required BAQs (Available in EpicWeb)

I followed the documentation literally, install the solution that contains the BAQ, the only thing I did not do was create additional fields because I do not need them for initial tests

1 Like

Do you have a Signed SSL (A real one)? I’m not certain you need it but that may be the last ticket… there…
I dno’t know if the app cares or ignores the validity of your cert…

I also suspect that this may be the error, since I have a self-signed certificate, I will try with a Let’s Encrypt certificate.

Thanks.

Well I think that if it was a problem with the validation of the certificate, I could solve it with the Letsencrypt certificate. Now the error I have is this: It tells me that I do not have CRM licenses.
Even modifying the web.config file adding it:

< add key = “CRMLicenseFallbackToDefaultUserAllowed” / >

under

< AppSettings >

This is silly but do you have CRM? ?
What does your license say?

-Jose

Hi Victor, how do you get the SSL Certificate from Let’s Encrypt?

Hi Oscar, With “letsencrypt-win-simple” now known as “win-acme”, you can download it here: GitHub - win-acme/win-acme: A simple ACME client for Windows (for use with Let's Encrypt et al.).

Thanks Victor I Will try.

The “No CRM Licenses” is possibly due to an issue with 10.1.500.XX. I have a support ticket open on that one.

I had it confirmed from the mobile CRM development that the CRMLicenseFallbackToDefaultUserAllowed parameter does not work on version 10.1.

I had to purchase stand alone CRM licences to get it working on 10.1.6.

Yep, fortunately I applied an upgraded to 10.2.100 and the CRM Mobile app works, and still works on 10.2.400. I just have to renew the SSL certificate (LestEncrypt) every 2 months. :smiley:

Do you need an mobile licence to use this app?

We have Customer Relationship Management module licence and enable te CRM Mobile by adding this line on web.config file:

< add key = “CRMLicenseFallbackToDefaultUserAllowed” / >

Hi

I am trying to install/set up Mobile CRM on 10.2.300.17

Is there any guidance on exactly where to add the lines to the web.config?
As soon as I place it in (where I think it should go) the application crashes.

e.g. exactly where does this go?
appears twice in our config and it doesn’t like me adding the line under either of them!

p5 of 10.2.300 install guide:

To enable the fallback to default ERP license, you need to open the web.config file and add the following line
under the section: