E10.2.100.8 - Error: Unable to log in to the Active Home Page

We have set up a Epicor 10.2.100.8 Test environment. Single Sign on is enabled. Windows authenticated Enabled in IIS. We have also set the webhttpbinding in the web.config to Windows. However, when we launch the client, we are still being prompted to log in. We can enter our windows credentials and it will log into the client but how can we automate this?

Also, I’m not finding much documentation on REST services. Where is this component configured? I don’t see it in the Admin Console. Just for kicks, if I turn off Token Authentication, we then get an error about token authentication being disabled but then logs in without prompting for credentials.

@mnewland Did you ever get this to work?
I’m facing the same issue testing 10.2.200.2.

Aaron or Michael, did either of you find out what the issue was? I am having the same problem. I have submitted to support, but no reply, yet.

Thank you,
Joy Fekkes
Jaco, Inc

Nope. Still have an open support ticket.

This is a known bug when upgrading to 10.2, I have faced the same issue
upgrading from 10.1.500.10, 10.1.500.38, 10.1.600.0, 10.1.600.25 to 10.2.100.0, 10.2.100.15, 10.2.200.0 and 10.2.200.5, every time, I had also raised the support ticket to no avail.

Try adding /shell in the icon shortcut.

Shell and classic both work fine.
It’s the Active Home Page we’re trying to get working with SSO.

Hi Aaron

I was talking to Brian Conner (Product Owner @ Epicor for this) as well as some of his technical colleagues at Insights. I’ve also been really struggling to get Active Homepage working properly with SSO – seems most people are doing Epicor auth not Windows auth in my view.

For 10.2.100.x they were saying there were some issues identified.

On 10.2.200.x, even 10.2.200.4 has an issue and there is a hotfix available. It boils down to the move to HTTPS v2 by Epicor for security, but an issue with when it has to hand off back to Windows auth using v1 or something along those lines.

10.2.200.5 promises to include the hotfix and work better.

I have the hotfix, but first day back in the office today after Insights. Once I’ve tested it, I will let you know whether it works and if so which hotfix you need to request (if they’ve made one for 10.2.100.x).

Regards

Mark

1 Like

Looks like 10.2.200.5 is out on EpicWeb. I’ll download it and give it a shot.

Already tried 10.2.200.5 last Thursday, it still has the same bug with active homepage login

I just tried 10.2.200.5 and, interestingly, it works when I log in from the server, but not when I log in from another client. That leads me to believe I have an issue with a cert or authentication somewhere.

We just went to 10.2.200.5 as well and ran into the same issue.Something about token authentication error.

Does this mean that we won’t be able to access EDD either?

Anyone got this working with 10.2.200.5? Please share the application configuration settings.

I was finally able to get this working.
I had to go into Internet Options, Security, Trusted Sites, and add the Active Home Page URL (found in client sysconfig file) to it.

1 Like

Disable the Home Page url from sysconfig file.

We are working on migrating from 9.05 to 10.2.200.11 and are seeing this issue in our test environment.

After changing transferMode to Windows, navigating to the Home page URL in a browser brings up a login prompt. Windows credentials allows login. But it should be logging in without a prompt. I think that is the underlying issue.

If you have an issue with Active Home Page errors be sure to contact support they are very much aware of the inability to access it from the client with IIS errors. They have docs for fixing it.

Issue is resolved on Epicor 10.2.300.2

I had to add our epicor site to the local trusted zones (IE internet options)

Surely they should just release the docs so that we don’t have to clog up support with requests that we should be able to resolve ourselves.