Cannot bring Fields into Routing Emails

Hi I am trying to setup Routing so that when a report is printed an email is sent instead.

I have successfully set this up and I am getting the emails.

The problem I am encountering is the user requires certain fields to be in the subject and the body of the email. I can successfully add system constants (i.e. today/> or userID>) However when I try to add any Field from any table to the subject or to the body then the email is no longer sent.

I have tried everything and cannot work out what is gong wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome @Simon.Orrell !

Are you using the Insert Fields functionality when you right click?

1 Like

I have been using the insert button located at the bottom of the screen. I assume it does the same as right clicking.

Yes. Can you post a screenshot of the email template?

This template works fine as it doesn’t specify a field

Can you add a field in just to see?

This one I just dont get an email anymore :frowning:

This is the criteria behind the field. But no matter what table and what field I use the result is the same

The only thing I can think of is that it may not like the name you are giving the field. Try just naming it “aaaaaa”.

removed the field. Emails send again

added the field and named it aaa. The emails do not send again.

email template 4

That is strange. I would put in a ticket with Epicor. This makes no sense.

1 Like

agreed i have put a ticket in. Awaiting a response.

I have tried everything I can think of. All different ‘Break Table’, different names, different tables, different fields. Whatever I do when I have the field I sit and wait until I realise the emails not coming :-(. Whenever I remove the field the email works.

and the system constraints are working fine i.e today/> and userid/>

thanks for trying

I found this in a KB for a similar looking issue. What email are you using?

1. Go to the Email Settings Maintenance screen
  2. Delete the email address set up in the From Email Address field
  3. Save changes
  4. Re-enter the same email address
  5. Save changes once again
  6. Test the email to verify if it keeps failing

the email is SMTP through office 365 using a do_not_reply@company.com email address.

it works for emails from method and data directives. It also works in the routing as long as I am not specifying any fields

I am completely stumped. @Mark_Wonsil , do you have any ideas?

Bake Off What GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Me? Oh, I’m not the person one thinks of for automated emails. I would defer to @josecgomez (if he’s got power) or @klincecum.

2 Likes

What does the system agent log say for these emails? It should show them going out, maybe your relay is rejecting them somehow?

2 Likes

Look at the email log, that will show what is happening.

4 Likes

I was about to ask the same. Do you have anything in System Monitor?

2 Likes

Hi All sorry for the delay. I have done some testing.

I have enabled the email logs.

I removed the field from the routing email template and sent an email.
It arrives and it also appears in the email log

I have then added a field in the routing email template and send an email.
It doesnt arrive and it also does not appear in the email log

so the system isnt even trying to send the email. Something is going wrong when it trys to render the email with a field inserted.

as mentioned before system.constants are not an issue these work. its when I insert a field

2 Likes