Anyone having trouble with EMWW Today?

All our scanners in one particular warehouse look like this

We’ve tried uninstalling / re-installing/ clearing cache/ prayer / exorcism and everything in between

They just hang on that splashscreen.

@pphillips @tctwood @anthonyc @ghyslop

All other apps, all other websites, all other network related things work fine.

4 Likes

Have you put in a case yet, I will be watching this closely.

I wish we could see if any BOs were called at that splash screen and if there was some type of error…

Do you have other like models in another plant on the same OS and same firmware?

We are exploring using this app in different parts of our warehouse and are going through the process of trying to support them and we have been trying to tell people that these are the things that can happen. When something like this happens are you the ones supporting them and trying these things out till something sticks?

No reports from our users today…

Have you tried opening a browser on your intermecs in the problem warehouse and connecting to Kinetic?

We once had guns go down for one location and it turned out ISP traffic filtering was to blame. It took a while to identify because nothing else in our system was taking the same exact network path with the same ports.

2 Likes

This is what I was wondering too. And what software Jose had in place to help with this.

Tom, are you using any useful tools or businesses to help maintain and manage your handhelds/wireless/handheld app troubleshooting?

1 Like

It’s before it even tries to connect to Kinetic. It’s the very beginning opening of the app. We’ve tried restarting the devices, uninstalling and re-installing the app, clearing app cache and data. You don’t even get to the screens to type in the address for your server.

3 Likes

We have a good Infrastructure / network team in house who does most of it. There are probably 10 different vendor portals for all the network stuff (wireless, different circuits, etc.) that I never go into… For the devices themselves I believe android apps are deployed through Intune but I could be wrong. We also have a ConnectWise setup for remote viewing the screen with users, which is tremendously useful.

1 Like

Seems like it is an issue with the Android OS. Upgrading our EKW devices that were running Android 9 to version 10+ seems to have resolved the issue for us.

3 Likes

Nice Jay, that’s why I was asking if Jose has the same firmware running on different handhelds throughout his org or if this is a different firmware.

Updating the firmware for us solved some wifi issues we were having… no idea about this though.

The OS version could do it too.

2 Likes

Thanks for responding with that info.

I’ll add one more tinfoil hat idea… I believe the app needs to do some communication with some kind of licensing server hosted by Biscuit/Epicor. I have posted on this site before about intermittent performance issues and I’ve always wondered if it has something to do with that communication – our performance issues never have any rhyme or reason or correspond to anything else happening in our environment…

1 Like

ok So if I get a really old version of the App it works. These devices are on Android 9

3 Likes

So maybe @jepp is on to something… newer app = new Android OS dependency.

Older App = older android OS compatibility…

just a hypothesis… :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah but the appstore installed it, and I can install it just fine it should be “smart” enough at least it normally is.

2 Likes

So they broke it in

Any of the prior versions work fine.

4 Likes

You got a PRB?

Thank you for warning all of us!

No haven’t even opened a ticket.

1 Like

Up until now have y’all just always updated the app as you see fit, no testing needed?

We have it setup to be managed by google play so it updates automatically.

2 Likes