Anyone having trouble with EMWW Today?

Okay good to know.

If you ever have a chance to respond, would you consider answering these questions:

1. Who troubleshoots handheld issues (what’s the chain of command)?

2. Do you have a list of things you do to isolate whether it’s an app issue, hardware issue, or OS issue (or is it pretty much the same thing as troubleshooting a PC)?

3. Do you have any cool logging tools you use for each of those areas as it applies to handhelds? Things that can log useful data for this app.

1 Like

So it is definitely a version issue where AppVersoin >= 4.46.2

Device Info:

Symptom is Splash Screen Just Spins… FORVER.

3 Likes
  1. Me… myself and I… cause nobody else is capable and I’m sparing @Banderson and @hmwillett
  2. We just start broad and narrow down, first I tested my own scanner worked fine so its not a device or network wide issue, then I remoted into those devices (we use Manage Engine MDM) network is fine, we have our own custom Android App which worked fine… then I had to remove all MDM restrictions on the device remotely remove the App and Install a really old version. That worked! So then I rolled forward updates till it broke
  3. Locally I have Fiddler Classic which can record all Network calls to / from the device. Remotely I had diddly squat.
1 Like

@jepp was this today? We are on Android 9 on these devices no hope for upgrading firmware remotely at the moment.

1 Like

Thanks Jose that’s a huge help.

Yes, this was today. Exact same issue that you are describing (stuck at splash screen with no way to advance). The only solution that we could find in our situation was an Android OS upgrade (there might be some alternate solution but we couldn’t find it). Completing that upgrade immediately brought the devices back to normal operation.

4 Likes

Nice Jepp!

How did you upgrade? we are spread all over creation so it would be tough.

2 Likes

Fortunately, we are a single site operation so we had someone onsite that was able to complete the upgrade in person. I believe that he had to download the required software through the Honeywell portal (we are on CT40XP handhelds).

We use Hexnode MDM and keep the devices in single app kiosk mode (EKW is the only app we use the devices for), so as soon as the OS was upgraded, the EKW app auto-launched and functioned as normal.

3 Likes

We also use an MDM to do this Jose, when the device is eligible of course.

Hi Jose,

My name is Narin, and I am an analyst from BISCIT. Can you tell us what is the version of your Chrome browser?

1 Like

Hi Narin,
The chrome browser on the devices that are failing? Let me look

It is, these devices are kioks mode they dont use the browser.

Chrome 79.0.3945.116 com.android.chrome

1 Like

Please update the Chrome to the latest version. It should fix the issue.

7 Likes

:scream: ok… I will try it.

That worked!!
Biscit

5 Likes

Just curious, what version is it after upgrade?

1 Like

126.0.6478.122 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::flushed:

3 Likes

Yeah lol, the last one was from Jan 2020 :rofl:

2 Likes

KIOSK Mode! Nobody touches these except for EMWW serves me well for thinking that the AppStore would keep its crap up to date.

grumble we lost a whole frigging day to this. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

2 Likes

Oh I get it. We have more than is comfortable of “Ain’t broke, don’t fix it” things here!