10.2.400.11 Save Layouts on Customization Deletes Most Controls

I’m glad I backup my customizations often.
I typically will show/hide columns in an EpiUltraGrid (custom or not) and re-order them to be the way a client requires. This works fine in a Personalization, but if I try “Save Layouts” in a cutomization, most if not all of my custom controls (things with [C] in front) get removed and I have to restore from a backup.

Anyone else experience this? I am getting it on all machines and installs of 10.2.400.x that I test.

Have you reported this yet? This doesn’t sound good. I do not have a .400 environment to test, but :scream:

Since I’m not the customer, I must rely on the customer entering the ticket. Most don’t want to because of the effort on something that doesn’t directly affect them.

What? You can’t enter a support case because you’re not an employee of the company?

Is that because you don’t have a user account(tied to the sold-to number) with epicor support? Why not have the company you consult for create one?

I just had one where I deleted a SubQuery and on the MainQuery all my Calculated Fields went bye bye I didnt notice until I already hit save. I had a backup, only 2 hours old. Heads-Up. I think it only happens when a Calculated Field is in the Sort.

1 Like

That’s a weird one I’ll test it out

Holy Cow, that just happened to me on 10.2.400.10 – As soon as I clicked Save Layouts, goodbye custom Controls! :o Makes the fricking upgrade hard if I cant clean stuff up with the Custom XML Tool and then re-adjust stuff and to Save Layouts.

I wonder if there is a workaround for the time being besides modifying the XMLs with notepad. @Rich

I think an email to all customers should be sent, not everyone has a backup and will def inconvenience themselves. @Bart_Elia

Before:
PS: dont judge the naming lol, wasn’t me.

After:

Not only did it wipe out Custom controls but the code is VB now, so almost as if it ruined the whole layer. If I open it in Customization Maintenance (Its gone there too).

1 Like

10.2.500 is also affected:

1. Make a Customization, even just add nothing or string x = “hi”;
  2. Save, Reopen Form.
  3. Actions -> Save Layouts
  4. Reopen Form
  5. Everything is gone, and your code went from C# to VB and is removed.

CC: @Bart_Elia

I also did this in a seperate environment, unrelated to the first. So I can replicate it in 10.2.400 and 10.2.500.

In the Trace it looks like StoreData passes in the truncated customization while the Ice.Proxy.BO.GenXDataImpl.GetOrAdd shows the full code.

1 Like

After comparing 300 to 400 and 400 to .10 and 500

The one that stands out to me the most is:
Left 400 Base vs 400.10 - PersonalizeCustomizeManager.cs in EpiClientLib.dll

It still uses it in the code in a few places, but looks like the dog ate the methods code in 400.10 and 500.0

EDIT

LOL I added that missing code back with dnSpy and viola! It all works now @josecgomez

Now the question is who deleted that code :smiley: @Bart_Elia

There @Jason_Woods send me your EpiClientLib dll and ill patch it for you, for the time being.

3 Likes

Open a ticket @hkeric.wci @Jason_Woods

CS0001722138 - Save Layouts Corrupts Customizations and Removes Controls 10.2.400.9 and later

Starting as of 10.2.400.9, 10.2.400.10, 10.2.400.11, 10.2.400.12 and even 10.2.500. The dog ate the AddMissingLLAyoutXML method code in Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll in the PersonalizeCustomizeManager.

1 Like

FYI - That method is populated in source code so in my ten minutes of triage I am wondering if the compiler optimized away an unreferenced method. hmm…

Owner of the area alerted as to the ticket (thanks!). Assume folks will be emailing to do a Q&A as needed.

5 Likes

That would be good to check… “What else did it over-optimize” is the question now. Perhaps an additional flag with good intentions was used.

1 Like

I feel like this is apropos

2 Likes

or this

7 Likes

Just for my kumpel @jgiese.wci

Hi Haso, this issue is reported to development under PRB0215948 and is scheduled for release in 10.2.600 I have added PRB0215948

PS: I know this is just their canned response so I am going to ignore their response of 10.2.600. I am sure it will be next minor release.

1 Like

So… we disable personalizations until then? We are going to 10.2.400 in a couple of weeks. We are going to have many pissed off users. I can hear them getting their pitchforks already.

or go live on a lower patch than .10

Actually, we are going live with .9. I thought this issue applied to .9 and newer. Am i wrong?

@hkeric.wci which patch was it introduced? I thought in our side chat you said 10.2.400.10.
@jdewitt6029 worst case go live on a few patches lower like 10.2.400.5 not enough would change that you have to revalidate anything.