YTD Balance

Hi everyone,

Is there a table that stores the YTD GL Balance values? Or would you need to calculation for those?

i.e… ChartTracker shows the accurate Balance by period, but wanted that in a BAQ.

I know GLPeriodBal shows the balance by period, but that doesn’t help me with the overall balance for an asset/liability.

Thanks
Pete

You have the correct table. You need to add the all the period balances to the “CarryForwardBalance” amount in the table to get the YTD balance.

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Thanks Vinjay

Oddly enough that field “CarryForwardBalance” is zero for us for all rows.

FIscal period “0” appears to hold the opening balance for 2021, and the “opening balance” field also shows that amount. Guess I’ll have to use that in a calculation.

Yes that is right, the cfBalance and “openBalance” only populates for period zero. You can use either field that gets populated. Period zero is reserved for opening balance only.

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Thank you Vinay!

One final question, right now its easy ti display the data in this format:

However, I am trying to display the totals for each periods across columns instead, like this:

any idea how I would do that thru BAQ? relatively new to this.

Thank you
Pete

Hi Peter,

To display the balance as a cross tab you will have to use the PIVOT feature in BAQ.

Thanks

Vinay Kamboj

1 Like

Thank you - Although it doesn’t seem that easy to use, I’m happy to know its available. Thanks again

Pete

Yeah, it looks a little daunting but easy to use once you know it. We have used it to make queries for monthly sales by quantity as also usage of various raw materials as a quick check for sales and production personnel.

Vinay Kamboj