Work In Progress report

Hi All,
Desperate for some help.
We have just started running WIP reports, I have two problems.

1. Job is complete as are all operations but we have costs in WIP, how do I push these through to the inventory/Job line?
  2. COS/MFG-VAR, has a figure, again, how do I push these through to the inventory/Job line?
    All looks goods on the Job closing screen.

Did you receipt the goods to inventory? If the WIP not converting to cost in inventory, you will have to check the GL Control for Inventory COS WIP.

If the journal not posted yet, you can still change the GL control as required. Otherwise you have to put in journal entries manually.

1 Like

WIP is not flushed until job is CLOSED. Complete just takes it out of the schedule. Close flushes WIP and locks out new costs.

1 Like

Various Part Transactions add costs to WIP. Like STK-MTL or PUR-MTL. Pretty much most that have a type ending with “-MTL”.

User initiated transactions that remove costs from WIP include: MFG-CUS (customer shipment), and MFG-STK (receipt from Job to Inventory). Pretty much most that start with “MFG-”.

The cost method you use can affect this. Say you use STD costing, and the STD cost of the part being made for stock, is $1,000. If $1,050 was issued to the job, then the part was received to inventory, Inventory would increase by $1,000, and WIP would decrease by $1,000. That would leave $50 (related to the job), still in WIP. When the Job is closed, the system will make a MFG-VAR transaction to remove that last $50 from WIP.

3 Likes