Why would a report data set fail to load in 10.2.200.12 coming from 10.1.500.35

Hello All,

I am getting the following error after copying over our SSRS database to our 10.2.200 environment. The report dataset and report style are both in there as well. I am not sure where to go with this, can anyone help me?

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset ‘dsRMA’. —> System.Exception: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
Stack Trace:
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object parameters)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.SetExecutionParameters(ParameterValue Parameters, String ParameterLanguage) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\Web References\SsrsReportService\Reference.cs:line 497

Have you checked to make sure that the fields used are named the same in both places? We had a similar issue when they changed the MfgJobType field on OrderDtl.

How would I know if the names changed?

When I take the query for the dataset and remove the param part from the FROM and JOIN clauses, all the fields are valid except the calculated fields.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/285e4e8c-d05c-48f8-b4f3-9d87988d823e/an-error-has-occurred-during-report-processing-rsprocessingaborted-query-execution-failed-for?forum=sqlreportingservices

Here’s a couple other possibilities.

1. Do standard reports work fine and only custom reports are impacted?
  2. It looks like you are working with the RMA report. Have you confirmed that the data source for this report is pointing to the correct shared data source? It should be in the reports subfolder of the root folder specified when the SSRS reports were deployed from the Epicor Administration Console.
  3. Have you confirmed that the shared datasource itself is pointing to the correct dataset db?
  4. Have you confirmed that the reportdata connection string is pointing to the same instance/database that the shared datasource is?

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for jumping in, all of the other custom reports work fine. I checked out the data source for the report and it is pointing to the same data source that all the rest of the custom reports are pointing to, the only shared report data source we have set up, the one in the subfolder of the root folder. I have confirmed that the shared datasource itself is pointing to the correct dataset DB.

It is a custom report data definition with several other tables joined to the tables from the base definition. I tried to re-do the relationships, but that didn’t work. I am out of ideas.

Any other ideas?

@aidacra When I get this error, does it mean that the query failed to execute in the Report? OR does it mean that the data didn’t even generate?

Does the data get insterted into the SSRS Reporting Database no matter what?

In other words, what is truly failing? Is it Epicor failing to execute the report data definition and create the tables in the SSRS reporting database or is there something wrong with the .rdl dataset query?

I would be able to answer this question myself if i knew the GUID from the system monitor, but I don’t because it just errors out…

Am I explaining myself clearly?

@aidacra I called support and they gave me the same questions that you gave me and then they said they didn’t know how to help.

Do you?

All good now @aidacra , thanks for your help earlier.

Hi Taylor, Did you fixed this issue? How did you fixed?

I think I started from the base report data definition and re-built it.

I am getting this error on base and customization report on production server, but in develop server is ok.

i sent you a message.

what is the error message?