Whats New In Epicor 10.2.400

Here are the search screens

1 Like

I only said that Dan is smarter AND better looking than I am…

4 Likes

Does this show up as a new menu item or does it replace the existing one? My assumption is that Epicor will build new BO’s / forms / reports as V2 and leave the legacy code in place?

You get two menu items now.

You will still be able to access the Classic Scheduling Board they will appear in the Menu with the word Classic.

Is version 10.2.400 based on NET Framework 4.7.2 or will 4.8 be required?

The Cloud Client Install guide says “Verify your workstation has .NET 4.7.2 or later installed.”

@danbedwards Is there a new Sales Order Entry kinetic form released in 10.2.400? If so, would you please share a screen shot.

TIA

No there are no major forms re-written for kinetic in 400. Only MES and Scheduling Board.

Thank you @josecgomez - somehow I dreamed that up while in Vegas lase week :slight_smile: when I saw the SO automation.

@josecgomez Where there any Alliance ISV Kinetic apps shown or talked about there?

None that I saw, the T&E Apps were shown but that’s Epicor not ISV.

1 Like

Let’s all also keep in mind that there are NO customization capabilities for Kinetic yet. We all asked one Epicor rep at one point or another and they all said ‘not yet’, so if you’re running ‘vanilla’ Kinetic will be fun, but for the rest of us, we’re going to have to wait and see what they come up with.

6 Likes

We will be waiting for customization capabilities in future releases. One Epicor employee I talked to said to wait 3-4 months and see what coming for kinetic’s.

2 Likes

Whoa, hadn’t thought of that… so the Kinetic MES that is supposed to be coming in Epicor 10.2.400 according to @hkeric.wci’s post will not be at all customizable?

Unconfirmed either way @Noffie as I don’t have access to 10.2.400 yet, but we asked a few Epicor folks at Insights and they confirmed that they knew of no customization mechanism.

1 Like

Correct in 400.X it will NOT be customizable. (but you can use the old MES)

1 Like

As long as we can access the old MES in .400 our plan is to upgrade a test environment and get started on the upgrade path and user testing as soon as we can after it is released. We have a small window to upgrade this summer and I we decided to jump to 400 rather than start a 300 testing phase and be behind again by the time we upgrade.

2 Likes

Like @josecgomez said, .400 is not customizable but Kinetic Customization is on a roadmap somewhere in the safe harbor someplace…

1 Like