What parts are in what "Carton" in a Phantom Packed shipment

Trying to account for all the different ways shipments have gone out. This is customer specific at this time, but could expand. The number of cases/lines vary but in the nutshell I think the variations are:

Next question is when and how to get the user to enter this? Open to suggestions, I’m thinking a pop-up either at time of creating phantoms or before ship-confirm.

It’s been awhile since I messed with BPM Forms but thinking a dynamic chekbox grid based on the number of ShipDtl lines and Cases would be easiest for our team to use. No idea if a BPM form can be dynamic like this ugly Excel mock-up:

Only problem with that is if you have more than a handful of lines and/or cases, that matrix can get unweildy.

I think I prefer @josecgomez idea - have UD added to teh phantom with dropdowns for available lines to select

I like that too, but would it allow multiple per Case line? Case 1 could contain multiple ShipDtl lines.

Edit: I checked, we’ve had ShipDtl lines up to a max of 8 for this customer and that order had a total of 13 cases. So the dynamic checkbox idea isn’t as good as it sounded.

HMM, If true and a dropdown could select multiple Lines, could it save as a comma-separated list of lines for each carton?

Yeah that’s the beauty of adding a Child t to the Carton so each Carton can have XX children in the UD table

Here’s a quick mock up
First Box 2 Children

Second Box 1 Child

2 Likes

What did you use for the relationships between CartonTrkDtl and the UD Table? I can’t think of enough to make it unique per UD table row

PackNum = Key1
CaseID = Key2
Key5 auto increment 1,2,3,4

1 Like

It may be easier for the shipping team to add part and qty to the phantom. They could scan the barcodes off the pick sheet.

Can you attach the ud table to the phantom lines?

If you did, you can add weights automatically from the part table to the phantom cases.

2 Likes

He wants multiple parts per phantom though… I think

I like that idea and it could still work with the child table. Jose is right, a case could be a pallet with multiple parts, so a UD on CartonTrkDtl wouldn’t really work. The EDI team can determine the shipdtl lines from the part number.

@Randy What solution did you end up going with? I’m curious if anyone has heard if Epicor will eventually roll in a more permanent solution for serialized labels for cartons. Currently @Chris_Conn solution worked great for one of our facilities. But they are wanting to implement EDI to cover the basis of ship notifications and order entry. But were trying to figure out how to implement EDI in which it can also send the serialized information with the ship notifications. But sense it seems Epicor does not have the serialized piece it will have to be custom.

PCID is the solution i think. I know they’ve brought some of the features in, but i think it’s still incomplete. Btw - I can suggest an AWESOME edi solution that directly integrates into E10. Miles above the Tie Kinnects solution imho.

1 Like

@Chris_Conn I do remember them showcasing PCID at insights. And @revtb “Tim” Is our EDI guy.

Well, @tfenwick11 you won’t like the answer. Siffron moved to a different ERP with Manhattan SCALE WMS system that supports serialized cartons and sub-cartons. :wink: We had looked at SCALE for Epicor but now I know why that project was put on hold for so long. I think Chris is right, PCID looks to be the direction Epicor is going for this.

@Chris_Conn, please what EDI solution can you recommend?

1 Like

how did you add the child table here trying to figure that our or I don’t know how to read lol

What version of Epicor are you on? Currently we’re looking at PCID as it’s built into Epicor depending on what version your running. I believe PCID started coming into Epicor at 10.2 and I’d suggest looking into this now. iirc it should be fully implemented in .500 (or at least the parts we’re needing).

At the time of this thread, we were on 10.1.500.x so no PCID was not yet available and I never really got the chance to do this at Siffron, the company I was working for at the time, was purchased by a bigger fish and moved off us of Epicor. Shortly after this thread all Epicor work was put on hold. However, Jose’s idea was good though of using a UD table with keys:

PackNum = Key1
CaseID = Key2
Key5 auto increment 1,2,3,4
Then you can setup a grid on the Phantom pack tab (see his screen shots above) this grid is a one to many on each phantom pack line. This is where a line per PackDtl Line (aka Part#) is created. Also where he suggested a pulldown added to the grid that lists details of the Packslip (Pack Line# or Part# whichever you want). An alternate would be if you have bar codes is having them scan those to enter the part#.

Once I am off of the upgrade, I will look at edi solutions. I do know that Epicor recently purchases 1 EDI Source. I have looked at them in the past. We do not have EDI in-house but through SPS commerce and we use the same concept that Tie Kinnects and its not a fun solution to support.

I was not aware of this… interesting…

If its proper I can post the contact I have at 1EDISource.