Visual Studio Code Extension for Epicor 10 Customization

That message has always been there happens when the code is changed in epicor and not on VS Code just letting you know stuff may get over-written
But clicking past it should work

1 Like

But I haven’t changed anything in E10 - literally started with a blank cache locally in VS Code, and still get that?

Weird I’ll check it out

Jose, This is now being used as a standard for a Client! Congrats!
IDEA: A helpful button in the toolbox would be to switch the Company/Plant.

FYI, I’ve used this now on 4 HH screens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome, yes Multi-Company / Multi-Plant is an issue that has been raised. I’ll see if I can get something in the books for it.

Awesome!
Would you like this kind of feedback in GitHub instead?

Yeah if you open a github issue it wouldbe great cause I can a) track it and b) other devs like @gingerhelp may pick it up and do a PR On it.

The VS Code extension is no longer working. C# for Visual Studio Code version 1.21.13 Change Marketplace publisher for the C# extension from ms-vscode to ms-dotnettools

Hmmm I’ll take a look thanks
FWIW I prefer you use the Big Boy Visual Studio one

Has anyone reported any issues using the VS version. Where trying to open a customisation on a report parameters form nothing happens?

Report parameter form… hmm for a BAQ Report?

Transfer Order Pick List… It is called from a button on a dashboard. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but other forms with customisations open ok…

Just tried doing it for a customisation on the Sales Order Backlog params screen and the same issue. You can navigate to it through the customisation list, but nothing is returned.

What version of Epicor.

10.2.400.16 Getting a bit old now…

Are there libraries available for 10.2.600.X?
My visual studio crashes everytime i tru to run. However, I’m guessing its cause my clients are 10.2.600. Would using Epicor Public Cloud make a difference?

I haven’t compiled for 600… I’ll try to publish those asap.

@John_M_Sasser I just published the helper library for 600 Available

https://josecgomez.com/files/CustomizationHelper.10.2.600.X.zip?0.43.0

BTW I recommend you use the Visual Studio (propper) extension instead of the VS Code one

2 Likes

Can you add support for version 10.700.x?

Really Excellent Work @josecgomez …Thanks for making developers life easy…i installed everything as per your documentation but i am unable to open the epicor customization getting this below error .

i had already installed the extension omnisharp (ms-dotnettools.csharp).Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

Possible unrelated, possibly not useful. Definitely backup project before trying.