Version Mismatch after applying 10.1.500.14 update

When launching the client I’m getting Version Mismatch Error: **Version mismatch between client (10.1.500.0) and server (10.1.500.14). Any ideas? Thanks

are you launching the client on the server with the appserver process or a workstation?

Thanks for the reply. I was able to resolve that issue, but now I’m getting this error on the Appserver:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details. —> System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail. —> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.

— End of inner exception stack trace —

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.ProcessMessage(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory`1.SecurityDuplexChannel.TryReceive(TimeSpan timeout, Message& message)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Ice.Contracts.UserFileSvcContract.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.ShouldRethrowNonRetryableException(Exception ex, DataSet[] dataSets)

at Ice.Proxy.BO.UserFileImpl.IsPasswordExpired(String userID, Int32& graceCount)

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Forms.NewSessionForm.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Anything interesting in the Server or Application event viewer logs on your IIS server?

Message authentication failed.
Service: net.tcp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ERP101400/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc
Action: Ice:BO:UserFile/UserFileSvcContract/IsPasswordExpired
ClientIdentity: XXXX\xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; S-1-5-21-1420514954-817044441-441284377-13339
ActivityId:
FaultException: Invalid username or password.

Service: net.tcp://xxxxx/ERP101400/Ice/Lib/SessionMod.svc
Action: Ice:Lib:SessionMod/SessionModSvcContract/Login
ClientIdentity:XXXX\xxxxxxxxxxx; S-1-5-21-1420514954-817044441-441284377-13339
ActivityId:
FaultException: Invalid username or password.

I have changed passwords but it didn’t help.

If you are 10.1.500.14, why does the error message reference 101400 ?

Did you review your client sysconfig file? Does it reference the correct deployment version?

I must have copied that from a old error log. Here’s a recent Error:

Service: net.tcp://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ERP101500/Ice/BO/UserFile.svc
Action: Ice:BO:UserFile/UserFileSvcContract/IsPasswordExpired
ClientIdentity: XXX\xxxxxxxxxx; S-1-5-21-1420514954-817044441-441284377-13339
ActivityId:
FaultException: Server is not available. Please review Server Event Logs for details.

Thanks for all the input. Epicor support assisted and It’s all fixed now. It took a database restore to correct the problem.

1 Like

Just had a similar issue with doing a upgrade from 10.1.600.25 to 10.2.400. Turns out that the Database Manager was still installed for 10.1.600. So trying to Upgrade the database was never going to work as the right mouse click upgrade was running the 10.1.600 version.

I uninstalled all versions of the database manager and application server manager. Uninstalled the Admin console, Installed the Admin console 10.2.400, then ran the two admin console updates from the respective “C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.2.400.0\Updates\ERP10.2.400.2\SupplementalInstalls\AdministrationUpdates” folders.

Restarted the server and then opened the admin console and this time the correct version of the Database Server Manager opened allowing me to perform the correct actions against the databases.