Verification of Customization errors in newest Pilot upgrade to 2023.2.5

Just wondering if any one else out there is have problems with the latest Pilot database upgrade that happened last night. We cannot verify any of our customizations or personalizations. We get the error of “Specified cast is not valid” with this detail: Application Error
Exception caught in: Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib

Error Detail

============
##!Message:##! Specified cast is not valid.
##!Program:##! Ice.Lib.EpiClientLib.dll
##!Method:##! EpiForm_Load
##!Line Number:##! 1760
##!Column Number:##! 29

Client Stack Trace

==================
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiBaseForm.EpiForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:_projects\E10Dev\ICE\Releases\4.2.400\Current\Source\Client\Lib\EpiClientLib\Framework\EpiBaseForm.cs:line 1760

We have submitted a ticket to EpicCare but wondered what others are experiencing. Please let me know.

thanks!

Jill Schoedel

Jill,
I’m seeing the same error in 2023.2.5 in Pilot. Clicking OK still loads the customization in App Studio for us.

They are turning my issue over to development. will have to wait and see what happens.

I am receiving this error in Third as well. Haven’t noticed anything missing or broken yet, just throws the error and lets you continue on.

Please let Epicor tech support know. I believe we need them to really take a look at the upgrade this weekend and maybe postpone it. I don’t think it is ready. The more people that tell them about this error the better.

Thanks!

Jill Schoedel

Here is what I heard back from Epicor support:

I tested the current Baseline Kinetic 2023.2.5 software system, and recreated the reported Software Problem. Since this is no longer a Support Issue, but now a Development Software Problem, I created a New, Development Problem Case.

The Problem Case Number is PRB0273965, and has the following Description:

Problem Description: After Kinetic 2023.2.5 is installed, and when Customization Maintenance is used to Verify any Classic Customization/Personalization, the following error is received:

Specified cast is not valid.

Expected Behavior: No Error should be received

I will keep this Support Case in my queue until Development finishes reviewing the Software Problem I submitted to them.

Please note the next time I will update this Support Case will be when Development does provide me with their Feedback.

1 Like

Could not agree more! Hopefully they will let us postpone given the 23.2.5 bugs we are just now seeing that were not in 23.2.3