V10 company UD Fields not listed for EpiBinding

I added a number of UD fields to the Company table (AR Remit To Address fields).

I added a sheet and then added a textbox field onto the sheet. I then tried to set the EpiBinding to point to Company.ARRemitName_c however I do not see the field in the list of fields for Company.

We did run the Regen and when I look in the Company_ud table I see the fields show as synchronized.

I created a quick BAQ and I can see the fields in the BAQ.

However from the Company Maintenance screen - Customization I do NOT see the fields available.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
DaveO

if you regenerated the data model and you still do not see them, close down your client session, recycle the App server and you should see it the next time you open your form in customization mode.

Thank you Mr. Rob.

I will try that.

DaveO

There was an issue with the client customization environment not updating it’s cache properly and requiring a client restart. That was patched some time ago. If the iisreset does not fix it and you have to restart client as well, what version are you running? It may be fixed in a patch.

I logged onto a completely separate customers server (that I knew had the AR Remit To Address in V9).

I got the same thing - The UD fields are in Sync and listed however NOT available in the list of available fields.

It feels like the Company dataset is NOT using the SQL View like all the other tables. I’m hoping for suggestions from anyone that has successfully added UD fields to the Company table in V10 and then added those fields to a customization.

I’m also open to alternatives - where can I put say a companies AR Remit-To Address?

Thanks,
DaveO

We use ext UD in Company all the time, sometimes your cache / data cache get funky and you have to blow them away.
Specially in 10.0 I had that happen a couple of times, there are 2 dll’s you can delete… to cause the re-gen to “Fully” re-gen but If you kill me I can’t remember the names at this moment.

Mr. Jose: Thank you for the suggestion. I did clear my client cache on both independent servers however - no luck.

I have seen the use of ext UD in the updatable BAQ’s however I don’t know how to use that on a customization.

I tried to add a Foreign Key View to the Company table in the Company Maintenance Form - however - I was not able to get that to work either.

I did created an updatable BAQ to get the data in the table.

I also checked to make sure the UD fields were being included in the SSRS output and that appears to be working.

So I should be able to continue. Not my best solution - ultimately I would like a customization added to the Company Maintenance form. But for now I can move on.

If anyone has successfully been able to add a UD field to the Company Maintenance form - I would definitely be interested.

As I mentioned I tested this on two completely separate customers servers and both have the same issue. So it seems unlikely this is a client cache issue. Also - the fields are available to BAQ’s?

Thanks again for all the help,

Gratefully,
DaveO

Erp Company or Ice SysCompany? Don’t forget we split company in 10

I was able to solve this one (sort of).

The UD fields DO show up in Company Configuration - they do NOT show up in Company Maintenance.

So use Company Configuration to add your screen customizations - and you will be good to go.

DaveO

Thank you! Was in a similar situation!

Similar situation.
Added a Sheet to Company. Added UD Columns with UD COLUMN MAINTENANCE to Company Table.
Regen, Recyle, shows both “In Sync” and green lights, yet they don’t show up for Binding on the new sheet on Company Maintenance.
I have a support call opened…
George Hicks