Using customizations in Menu Maintenance

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any workarounds to using a custom layer in Menu Maintenance on the system menus?

Currently it would seem like i have to create a new ‘Order Entry’ menu entry if I was to add a UD field. This would also render all the other ‘Order Entry’ menus useless and the context menus across the board would be pointing to the incorrect customization which does not make sense to me.

This is using the Application Studio.

Always use the below option ‘copy to the current company’ to add customization.
The menu id and Security id will remain the same and it will allow you to add the Customization layer.

@fakhruddin Thank you for this. I guess i still have to disable the existing menus? ie Order Entry, copy to current company, add customization then save. Disable the original?

@Ricky90 You don’t have to disable the original menu. When you run ‘Copy to Current Company’ you will see the duplicate menu item on the tree on the left. When you save Menu Maintenance and refresh you will now only see the Current Company menu item (ie. Owning Company will be populated.

@Ricky90 , It’s going to be hidden automatically as @afabian said, no need to do anything.

@afabian All worked perfectly. Thank You.