Use scanner for material picking

good morning:
i just started my new job and i was tasks, to implement the usage of scanners for raw material picking. the infrastructure is setup, shelfs are labeled, as well the products, all labels are functional.
my team needs to pick raw material for production, and that is the point were i am struggle, i was not able to find anything for order picking, internally…
my current workflow: operations setups the orders in the system, prints the list, send it to the warehouse, warehouse takes print out and hunts down the parts: future flow should be: operations set up the orders in the system, warehouse manager assigns job to picked straight to the scanner… i was not able to find that step…
we are using the following scanner: Honeywell CN80…

HandHeld feature built into Epicor? Scan a barcode or QR Code and issue the part to the job taking it out of stock? You could then implement cycle counts to keep a track of popular parts and weekly or biweekly physical checks of stock items.

There is a few warehouse management tools available with integration into Epicor but also Epicor has these modules some of which are an additional cost.

The pick lists can be automated with BPMs and a Dashboard for unpicked material on a job.

Do you have the Advanced Materials Management (AMM) module? This is the standard way to do electronic material requests, picking, and putaway, among other features.

The epicor mobile wireless warehouse (EMWW) from biscit is a great tool for this.

1 Like

What you and I are looking for I believe is the ability to scan in the Process ID for the pick, followed by scanning the part number (and the bin), to make sure I can getting the correct part from the correct location.
With EMWW - it doesn’t appear to allow me to do this.
Any ideas?
I am going to look at Bezlio as a way to do this.