Urgent Help Epicor Down

We have this kind of error from epicor for all BO please help!!

I try everything, new installation on new vm and still get this.

Unable to reach the server. Retrying…

System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The message could not be dispatched because the service at the endpoint address ‘net.tcp://epitest/ERP102500/Ice/BO/ReportMonitor.svc’ is unavailable for the protocol of the address.

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection connection, ArraySegment1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout) at System.ServiceModel.Channels.SecurityChannelFactory1.ClientSecurityChannel`1.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ChannelEntry1.CreateNewChannel() at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase1.GetChannel()
at Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase`1.HandleContractBeforeCall()
at Ice.Proxy.BO.ReportMonitorImpl.GetRowsKeepIdleTimeWithBallonInfo(String whereClauseSysRptLst, Boolean getBallonInfo, String whereClauseSysTask, String whereClauseSysTaskLog, DataSet& sysMonitorData)

First thing to do is guarantee that this endpoint is functioning, properly configured, and reachable. Sometimes the URL should be http or https, and the client is trying net.tcp. Could be that the server’s IP was changed and ‘epitest’ isn’t resolving to the correct host any long. Could be that the SysTaskAgent service is not running on the appserver - although I’m guessing at this one b/c you didn’t specify if this is a client or server side error (does the client on the appserver work if you are logged into the appserver?)

You definitely need more information to pinpoint the problem, but 9 times out of 10 the issue is a mis-configuration (or typo) in the .sysconfig file, or a service/appserver is not running that should be (or is locked up).

I would check the IP, URL, and sysconfig files for accuracy and that the appserver can be accessed/pinged by the clients. Then I would probably bounce the appserver for good measure. Also, check the logs on the server and client (depending on where the error is originating) for more information.

In the Epicor Server look at the Event Viewer and what do you see under
Applications Log
And App Server Log

By the looks of it, it seems the AppPool is not responding but you can get more from the Event Viewer on the server.

Thank you Jose, the logs…

app pools hava a valid domain account

Check your Date and Time on the Server and Db Server…
Are they correct and matching?

1 Like

Also has that account by chance expired or had its password changed?

date and time are the same.

The password was not changed, honestly I do not know what happens, I have hundreds of errors in the logs, yesterday I created a new virtual machine, I installed epicor from 0, but the errors of the previous server continue in the new one

Has anyone manually edited the web.config or IIS settings?

Speaking of IIS, have you tried IISRESET?

Backup Db in SQL and deploy new app instance to see if its a db problem or configuration problem.

Sorry if I’m late to the party. Double Check that the Services/Net.Tcp Listener Adapter is running.

1 Like

Finally we found the reason,

it was a very bad bpm directive that was into infinit loop.

DebugDiag 2 it’s the answer!

3 Likes

+1

1 Like