Upgrade Server

I have a Epicor 905 server running on 2008. I have copied this into a test enviroment and everything works correctly. I have now run the 2012 upgrade, which serverwise was successful, but Epicor 905 no longer wants to open.

I get this error when trying to run the app:
“Could not conect to the AppServer: General Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it”

Any ideas on what could be causing this. Firewall is disabled.

Can you connect to the App via the Epicor Admin Console?

Are you Progress or SQL? I was recently told that Progress E9 would not run on anything higher than 2008 R2. Please let me know if you are Progress and are able to get your server running on 2012.

Thanks!

Jill Schoedel

We are using SQL databases.
I can open the Admin console but not connect to a database, with the same error of “No Connection could be made”

I think you are going to run into the same issue that @JillMetalworks mentioned even if you are on SQL, take a look at your event logs.

Here’s a link about openedge compatibility. Progress Customer Community

I am sure there was a document on Epicweb about this, it may even be in the installation guide on Epicweb. Sorry I can’t help further.

Thank you Simon, it is the OpenEdge version. We are running 10.2A which isnt 2012 compatible looking at your link.
Is it possible to upgrade OpenEdge ourselves, bearing in mind our 905 server is our legacy data so we dont want to be spending money on this system.

Just virtualize the server, if you need to access the data from a GUI, failing that and as you are using SQL then work up a series of external baq’s pointing to the old data from your new environment…If you happen to be using Progress native the you could use the free ODBC drivers available. I’ve never connected to a Epicor Progress database in that manner before, our legacy system is Progress (not Epicor) and I use a the ODBC driver to connect, then create a linked server in SQL SSMS so I can query the data with Openquery.

Hope the information helps

I would take @Hally’s idea one step further. Use that ODBC connection to copy that data to a new SQL Server and query that. Some simple ASP.Net forms would be available right inside of your current system without asking users to log into something else.

1 Like