UpdateAble BAQ wont add more then one row

So i have a update able BAQ for Table UD100, where im just trying to add in some dimensional data for quality. I am capable of addin one row, but as soon as i add a second row, both rows get deleted on save. If i do a paste update, only the last row of the list of data remains. Has anyone had this problem before?

Are you including any KEY data on your new records? If so, are they all unique?

From my understanding anything Labled as ISKEYFIELD, wont allow you to update it. I am currently only adding in data into the Character01-10 fields.

You can’t “update” it, but you need to create them initially. That’s how it knows what row is what row.

Ok, that makes sense. Do I add that I to the initial expression?

Just add them to your displayed fields, then you can paste insert the values that you want. I don’t know if you can paste insert, or paste update in a BAQ. I think you have to be in a dashboard, but I could be wrong on that one. If you try to make a new row with duplicated key values it will either give you an error, or update the existing one. I’d have to try it to be sure.

ya, even by adding the key fields and giving them unique values, as soon as i put more then one row, it deletes all rows. when i put into dashboard and i do past update, only the last row remains.

Did you make them updateable in the BAQ? I think you’ll have to do that too.

Yes

alright, let me try it here.

Thank you, i really appreciate the help

Fyi, im on 10.1.400.26

while I’m messing with this, try removing the multiple row check box in the BAQ. Then do a paste update in the dashboard.

past update like normal. wont save. refreshes with 0 rows

So I have a basic dashboard working with UD100. I do not have the multiple rows checked in the BAQ. The paste insert works in the dashboard. I’m in 10.2.200 so I can’t export it and give it to you unfortunately.

Can you look at your UD100 table without the join to the part number? I want to make sure that the UDtable is actually empty.

Here’s some screen shots.

BAQ

Dashboard

Ok, you nailed it. It did work with the paste update without the multiple rows checked. I really appreciate it. Thank you very much.

1 Like