Update to 10.2.200.11 server/BPM/Builds and server/BPM/Sources folders gone

I am doing a test update to 10.2.200.11 from 10.2.100.11 and have found that on the server the BPM/Builds and BPM/Sources folders have disappeared?? This causes all BPM’s to be corrupt.

I also noticed that the server/customisations folder disappeared but a redeploy of the app server got that back.

Has anyone seen this before or got any hints on how to avoid this for a real update.

Cheers
Brett

There haven’t been any reports of this behavior through Support.

I haven’t personally tested the 10.2.100.x to 10.2.200.x appserver upgrade process, but, the best practice is to remove the appserver process and redeploy at 10.2.200.x instead of upgrading it from one release to the next. That could be the x-factor.

update manual says to remove the app server and then register it again which is what I did.

I also noticed that 2 of the conversions failed due not access to the mentioned folders. I am pretty sure they are not the cause of the issue, rather another symptom.

Brett.

I’ve been working on getting the upgrade guide changed to avoid these odd issues that occur when the upgrade appserver process is used.

To recover from here would I remove the app server and create a new one with the same name? I assume i will have to delete the website, folders, application pool etc.

Brett