Update Custom Field on PartDtl

Hi Guys,

Anyone know what business object updates the partDtl table? We’re adding a second site and want custom fields to comment on both transfer orders and sales orders within the same updatable dashboard. The partDtl field carries both those references, but now I can’t figure out the BO to set the BAQ to.

Anyone have a better solution to displaying both transfer orders and sales orders in the same updateable query?

Gary

Hi Gary,
Have you ever found such a business object?
Thanks!

PartDtl is tied in with MRP. I’d probably use a scheduled function and write to the UD field directly or put a data directive on the table rather than try to monkey with MRP methods.

1 Like

Came to say the same thing. Depending on what you are doing exactly there is bound to be an appropriate trigger to go write to it directly, or if not, schedule it.

Thank you both for your replies.

My team is developing a production planning application integrated with Epicor - it is mostly an interface, with some application logic and all its data going into Epicor.

It is using Epicor BOs for scheduling of the jobs. At first it was using the scheduler’s, but as we were getting unexpected results from it (errors or scheduling at different times than desired), we moved it to using the job’s. The downside to this second option is we do not see it refreshing the PartDtl table with the jobs’ latest dates.

If not by direct management of the PartDtl table, how could we then trigger it to reflect our latest jobs schedule?

Thanks again.

PartDtl is tied to job creation by MRP or manually done. There is a setting Assign Material Due Dates (Unengineered/Engineered/Scheduling) in Site/plant Configuration Control that may help with getting PartDtl dates set. If you are not scheduling then maybe setting to Engineered will make the update work.

I would add the comments in a data directive if not in the ubaq.

What issues were you having with scheduling? We make a lot of our jobs with a ubaq dashboard that we paste insert into.