Updatable Order Credit Hold Dashboard

At the end of June I published a BAQ & Dashboard definition (along with instructions) for an Updateable Dashboard for Sales Orders on Credit Hold. You can find the zip file in the Files section of this group. It contains two things, instructions on how to import and deploy an updatable dashboard and hopefully a very helpful sample updatable dashboard.
I have come across a few Epicor users who have expressed interest in a dashbaord for their Credit/AR Department to user to stay on top of Sales Order credit holds WITH the ability to take individual orders off hold quickly. Basically this dashboard does exactly this. The dashboard consists of an upper and lower pane. The upper pane displays all Sales Orders on Credit Hold (sorted by Ship By Date with row highlighting) with an updatable field for selecting 'Order Credit Override.' The lower pane will display the open/past due invoices for the Sales Order customer selected in the top pane. Many times Credit/AR needs to have everyone or a lot of customers on credit hold and just need to quickly review their credit status before taking them off hold. While this can reduce exposure risk, a good way to 'zero in' and prioritize the reviews is difficult. I have found companies passing emails, office memo's, Sales Order copies, etc around the office trying to streamline this process. This dashboard should remove all of those actvities and give Credit/AR a one stop shop for quickly reviewing Sales Orders on Credit Hold. Just pull up the dashboard (or add it as a Main Menu tab) and set an auto refresh and it will always be up to date and can be quickly checked throughout the day.
If Credit/AR needs to review more than just Open Invoices they can add the 'Credit Manager' to the CustomerID Context Menu (ARGO3008) so then Credit/AR right click on the Customer ID in the top pane and view that customer in Credit Manager (though you should setup menu security if you need to keep users out of the Credit Manager). By using the Context Menu, the dashboard row and the Credit manager is now linked, so as they change to another row the credit manager updates automatically. In a multi monitor environment, this is very nice!

Note: The context of the Updatable Dashboard and this post is 9.05.605 - 9.05.700B2.

-Rick Bird
IT Software Administrator
Rowmark, LLC.