UOM Conversion

I am trying to convert this part to a different UOM class. Is that possible?

I’ve had to deal with this under E9, I suspect it’s the same w/E10. The first consideration is whether this part has any transactions recorded using it’s current UOM. Changing a part with historical transactions can be problematic - is what Epicor advised me.

Whenever I’ve had to do this, it was necessary to include all the UOMs from the ‘source’ class in the ‘to’ class.
The error you’ve posted is informing you that the Counted Units class does not include a ‘CO’ unit.

The workaround, again - under E9 (I haven’t tried this in E10), was to create a class of type ‘Other’ and add all the UOMs from the ‘Source’ and the ‘To’ classes. I then moved the part to this new class.

I’m pretty sure I then (its been a while) removed, from this new Other class, all the UOMs from the source class, leaving only the destination UOMs. I could then, finally, move the part to the final ‘Destination’ class.

This is the way I have it documented, and I know I had to do this a few times under E9. Hopefully this helps, or someone else with more recent insight will chime in.

Yes, it works the same way in 10. No changes to the process from 9.05.702 to current version.

The built-in UOM Conversion is very restrictive.
There are ways with UBAQs to do this, but there have to be very few parttran records existing.

How many days old is the part and how many transactions exist? If either is more than 10 then your best bet is to make the part inactive and make another one.