UD Columns in a Multi-Company

We have just gone Multi-Co stage 1. We are the initial company because we are the only ones with historical data. Stage 1 is making our LIVE Env multi-co with the added Companies currently empty of data.

We have a lot of Tables with UD Columns, the Column names are all legacy from E9 (Number01, etc.). I know the other companies will have their own UD Columns in some of the same tables. Thankfully, they are able to name them using Company ref and descriptor (MSC_Number01_c).

Are UD Columns viewable and usable by all companies? Is there a limit?

Yes, UD columns (also called UD fields) are viewable and usable by all companies.

There is probably a technical limit to the number of columns in an SQL database table. There was a discussion thread about this a while ago, but I don’t remember anyone giving an actual number. I’ve personally added over 80 columns to a single table (OrderDtl), and in that thread I believe someone was talking about “hundreds” of fields. What kind of a number are you thinking about?

No number, there are 9 companies so I was curious.

Hundreds sound good lol. I did read a thread where 25 and 30 were the numbers thrown out but no one was definitive.

Thank you