Ttquoteqty not available in Update Method?

Hello,

I am trying to update the ttquoteqty UD fields from calculated fields on a ttquotehed update, however whenever the method runs, the ttquoteqty table is not available anywhere during the process. I determine this by triggering messages in the server logs showing the available data rows. it seems to make no difference if I’m using a pre or post process directive. Oddly, in the trace logs, ttquoteqty is available with data (however the rowmod is blank).

my code is below, and run as a pre-processing directive:
message initial bpm.
for each ttquoteqty no-lock.
message ttquoteqty.qtynum.
if available ttquoteqty then do:
ttquoteqty.Number01 = ttquoteqty.TotalBurCost.
ttquoteqty.Number02 = ttquoteqty.TotalLbrCost.
ttquoteqty.Number03 = ttquoteqty.TotalMtlCost.
ttquoteqty.Number04 = ttquoteqty.TotalSubCost.
ttquoteqty.Number05 = ttquoteqty.TotalMtlBurCost.
ttquoteqty.Number07 = ttquoteqty.TotalMtlCost.
end.
end.

Any hints on why it’s not there? If I actually make an update to the ttquoteqty table, the data is in the update frame but I’ll be making the real update on the ttquotehed field instead (this is supposed to trigger on when the TTquotehed.quoted field changes from false to true, but I’ve disabled that condition to test the update process by itself.)

Thanks

Epicor doesn’t include all the tables with an update. I usually have to join the tt table to the actual db table in order to make the changes.

FOR EACH on the ttQuoteHed no-lock.
FOR EACH QuoteQty WHERE ttQuoteHed.Company = QuoteQty.Company AND ttQuoteHed.QuoteNum=QuoteQty.QuoteNum no-lock.

John

Thanks John,

Only issue with that is the fields I need in ttquoteqty are calculated not present in the actual db table.

Kyle,

In field help for that field it says QuoteCst.TotalBurCost - Worksheet temp field. You are probably going to have to call Epicor and find out what that Worksheet temp field is, and if it’s not in a tt table you will have to use a customization to record it. Otherwise you can do a method directive on the update where the QuoteCst is updated or a data directive on the QuoteCst table with:

FOR EACH ttQuoteCst.
FIND First QuoteQty…

Hopefully that gets you moving in the right direction at least.
John