Transfer inventory within same site

We are finding it cumbersome to do something that should be easy, but is not. Unless we have missed a setting somewhere…

We do a lot of moving inventory from one warehouse to the another (think of the second one as a staging warehouse before the items get shipped out). There is no process involved other than the move (so there is no operation where I can input from one bin and output to another).
Inventory transfer appears to work only if the warehouses were in different sites. We have only one site.

Is there a way to do this in one transaction, rather than having to do two different Qty adjustments?

Multi-site seems like overkill just to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Inventory Transfer should work between different warehouses within the same site.

1 Like

Inventory Transfer is the Desktop Menu option. I think it’s called Move inventory in data collection (MES). Another option to look at is advanced material management, you then process it through the material queue which results in the same stk-stk transaction. We use that for picking from our distribution warehouse into our shipping warehouse.

Inventory Transfer is perfect, but my colleague tried it and got a “To and From sites cannot be the same site” error. I tried one and it worked. So am now trying to troubleshoot the difference. Will report back once we figure it out.

Might be a PEBKAC error.

2 Likes

:wink: not usually with this user, but am waiting on details

2 Likes

Inventory Transfer absolutely works within a site. He is probably using Transfer Order (site to site)

4 Likes

That’s a new one. Never heard that term. I had to google it. :slight_smile:

Yes, that was it. Using Transfer order because in some situations there IS another site involved and they want all the shipping paperwork, etc.

Thanks.

1 Like