Time Frame for 10.2.600

Anyone know what the time frame looks like for 10.2.600? We have a fix we need that is supposed to be in 600 and was curious on time frames.

1 Like

Usually they release the big updates in q2 and q4

2 Likes

There’s a spring and fall release. The spring will happen in the April time-frame in time for Insights and the fall is usually around September.

1 Like

When is 10.3?

1 Like

It depends. Will there be a 10.2.700? If so, then spring, if not, then maybe the fall.

1 Like

Has it been 18 months since 10.2?

1 Like

10.2.100 was fall of 2017.

3 Likes

Yeah I love that logic. Pretty sure (18 / 6 = 3) that means that after every .300 release they would go to 10.3, 10.4, etc. and that certainly has not been the case.

I wonder what 11.0 will be like…

3 Likes

Yeah. That is an interesting conversation with senior management who happens to know the lifecycle but is not up on what has actually been released.

1 Like

Not to go against the crowd here… While yes, it’s been longer than 18 months, I don’t think I would want a version every 18 months. I think the current cycle of six months for a release with 6-7 releases is the right amount of change. So it could say, 2-3 weeks for Updates, six months for Releases, 36 months for versions, and 72+ months for the Product. But architectural changes could come fast in this day and age, so 5-6 years is probably about right.

5 Likes

Ah…Insights… :star_struck:

2 Likes

Scheduled release date is May 21st. I just got that from my CAM and the Upgrade dept.

2 Likes

I would be really hesitant to go to 600 too soon. There are a lot of “hidden” kinetic forms in 500 that are in limited licence testing. I would think that when 600 comes out and Kinetic forms become the norm, there will be a LOT of growing pains…

1 Like

Rare to have a date certain like that. Is that for On-Prem GA or Cloud? Usually the Cloud goes first and kinks are worked out during the testing phase (pre-GA or Cloud Launch) and only when that passes does it go GA. A specific date like that is out of character from what I’ve seen over the last two years.

No doubt. Completely rewriting your front-end is going to have some growing pains. However, I’m fairly certain that Kinetic runs side-by-side and you will not be required to run it outside of something like Active Home Page - which you don’t have to use either.

2 Likes

Any dates at this time would be internal milestones. Unless you see something officially posted on EpicWeb, etc I would just treat them as a rumor :wink:

#SafeHarbor #ShipWhenItsReady etc

7 Likes

Here are the “Rumour” dates we have seen for Public Cloud:
Pilot: ​17-18 April 2020
Live: ​16-17 May 2020
Based on this: Epicor ERP 10.2.500.10 Cloud Update | Cloud ERP For Manufacturers
Have yet to see anything official, though.
We have been told it will include the ability to add custom scopes to Enterprise Search (we encountered an issue right out of the gate where Customer records without an assigned salesperson are excluded, and we can’t currently (or even get support to) edit or add to the system BAQs that make up the Enterprise Search Scope.

2 Likes

Or get it straight from the source. The ERP Cloud | Documentation area in EpicWeb knows all. I checked it once a week looking for goodies.

:wink:

1 Like

It will be possible to define and tweak the BAQ’s used for Enterprise Search scope when in the cloud. The cloud documentation site is the best place to get dates but this falls inline with our schedule and we strive to be consistent and predictable in our approach to help everyone plan.

2 Likes

One of our PRB’s showed a 10.2.700 fix version, so I’m assuming yes. Unless there is some amazing new functionality besides more Kinetic, I’m happy not doing a major update (we just went to 10.2.500 last month).

Right you are, my friend! :grinning: Dates for the Public Cloud 10.2.600 release were posted on EpicWeb March 3. Just got the “What’s New” webinar invite yesterday. Thanks!

Friday, April 17, 2020 – Saturday, April 18, 2020
Pilot system upgrade to 10.2.600. During this time, your pilot system will be unavailable while
Epicor performs your upgrade, but don’t worry—your production system will not be affected by the
new release. Once it is complete, log in to your pilot system and start exploring what’s new.

Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Pilot system update to 10.2.600.2 and UBC Opt-In Deadline. The final version that will be
loaded into your Production system will be 10.2.600.2, so we’ll update your Pilot environment on
this date. Also, if you want Epicor to move your UBCs from your Pilot environment to your
Production environment, you must submit an EpicCare ticket to opt-in to the process. If you do
not submit an EpicCare ticket to opt-in to the process, the UBCs from your Pilot environment will
not be moved by Epicor to the Production environment.

Saturday, May 16, 2020 – Sunday, May 17, 2020
Production system upgrade to 10.2.600.2. Your upgrade weekend arrives! While Epicor
upgrades your production system to Epicor Cloud ERP 10.2.600.2, your system will be
unavailable for several hours during this time.