System Not Creating Un-firmed Jobs

Hello,

We have a few items where after MRP full regen runs, “unfirmed” jobs are not being created. It could be that a setting was switched off by mistake, not really sure. At one time it created “unfirmed” jobs but now doesn’t. The revision is released, “process MRP” box is checked, any ideas ?

Kevin

Are you running MRP as Regen or Net Change?
Regen processes everything, Net Change only what was processed previously + where the PartPlant.MRPRecalNeeded = True.
Other things to check:
-Does the part have a Site setup for the Site you are running MRP on?
-Is the Part Active?
-Is the Part Run Out?
There is another process called MRP Recal Needed that would recheck everything.

If you still don’t get a result, try running that.

You can review the PartPlant values related to MRP in Part Tracker > General > Sites > List where you can see the last MRP Run Date as well so you can see if it was processed.
Outside of that you should generate Logs during your MRP Process where the Logging Level is at least ‘MRP.’
BTW - Depending on which verison you are on you should be able to run MRP just for the Part(s) you are concerned about so you can troubleshoot more quickly.

Thanks for responding Rick. We do run MRP full regen every night and over 5 times today trying to figure this out (Haha). The part has a site that we run MRP, is active, not checkboxed “run out”. I will have an administrator check the “PartPlant.MRPRecalNeeded = True.” We can run MRP per part only at net change. Thanks for your help. We will check out the MRP Recalc Needed.

Kevin

Is the Type at the Part > Site level marked as “Manufactured”? If it is set incorrectly as Purchased (even if there is a Revision) any suggestions will be Purchase suggestions.

Also check in Time Phase and make sure that your demand is greater than your existing inventory levels.

1 Like

Ernie,

Yes, it’s at “manufactured”. Also, demand is greater than existing inventory, so I am going negative where my unfirmed job is supposed to be.

Kevin

Do you have full MRP logging during your MRP run? If yes, you can look in your log files and see if it tries to create, then deletes the job. Usually it will tell you why it is deleting a job it just created.

Matt,

This is how we run it every night. Would I just name the Log: ? then run it ?

Any name will do. Ie: NetChange, or Regen, or if you run manually, you might want to give it a different name each time so you can go back to old logs. Also, I hate recycle jobs. There have been way too many issues with recycle jobs for a long time. I see that you are hosted, so I am not sure if you have access to your log files.

There’s a program (also available to on-prem users) called Server File Download which allows users to get files from the server: Logs, Electronic Interface files like ACH, etc., anything in the standard Epicor areas. Try it out. Available at least since 10.2.100. Keeps your system a little more secure from the various SMB attacks too.

1 Like

Thanks Matt, I will check on access to the log files.

Thanks Mark, I will check on this.

Are the suggestions for the warehouse appearing in Time Phase Inquiry? If so, then the parts are probably missing an approved revision or the demand (from order or parent job) have no due dates.

1 Like

Matt, the suggestions for the warehouse are appearing in TP. The parts have an approve Rev and SO’s have due dates. This particular item had unfirmed jobs being created for it recently but not now. Thanks for the help.

All sales order releases are marked as Firmed?
Is the source type on the Site set to Manufactured too (PartPlant.SourceType = M)?

1 Like

Yes on both.

Have you been able to look at the MRP logs? There is so much good information there. MRP might actually be creating the job, but because of some other issue, the job just gets deleted.

A regen log would be best because you start fresh and you will know for sure.

image001.jpg

All, thanks for the replies. I created a manual job today and it would not let me check the engineered box because a component was on hold. I had the component taken off of hold and after running MRP regen, I got unfirmed jobs.

Kevin

1 Like

I’m curious if the Mtl part on hold exception shows up in the MRP Log…