Subcontract Operations - Complete

Can someone tell me how many different ways a Subcontract Op can close, whether automatically or manually? We have an issue where some of the outside subcontract ops are closing prematurely, before the Run Qty is met. I checked to make sure we were not marking the receipts as “Issued Complete” so that is not the issue. I saw another post that mentions they can be marked complete on the Resource Scheduling Board, which does not seem to be the issue either, but is it possible we have something checked off when we run Global that could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

@EPETERS,
just noticed your post, you can complete these subcon operations manually using the Job Cost Adjustment Entry screen, but if you need to do that automatically, then you need to create a BPM to be triggered when receiving these sub./con operations and satisfying whatever logic you need (i.e. you need to cater for many sceneries here e.g. when receiving a partial qty, then what do you want your BPM to do ?), then calling the end activity / completing operation BO method.

@A.Baeisa @EPETERS , is this still the way to do it in Kinetic?

And is the way to get it to automatically complete to mark it as issued complete on the receipt? Or is it still truly by BPM?

It doesn’t complete at all unless you do it manually or write a BPM?

i do not understand what you mean mate, there is no issue in the subcon operations, it is dispatched then received, if you receiving the full quantity then Epicor will close it automatically, if not Epicor will not close it until you clarify the remaining qty and do this manually, i.e. NCR/DMR/Scrap or return to subcon and receive it as is, if you are not using quality module, then you can create a BPM to call this BO closing method and apply it at receiving SubCon.

I see, yeah it wasn’t closing is what my user was saying and they said that it was received complete and when I read your post above you didn’t say “there is no issue in the subcon operations, it is dispatched then received, if you receiving the full quantity then Epicor will close it automatically,” you said, “you can complete these subcon operations manually using the Job Cost Adjustment Entry screen, but if you need to do that automatically, then you need to create a BPM.”

Anyways, I’ll check that they received the whole amount.

yes, the best thing is to create the scenario in Test or Pilot to clarify the problem, if i convert my reply in example

1. 10 parts SubCon dispatched, then 10 Received Ok, Epicor will close this SubCon operation in the relevant Job BOO
  2. 10 parts SubCon dispatched, then 8 Received, Epicor will not close the operation, now you can use Job Cost Adjustment Screen to close the operation with this short, or create a BPM to do this on receiving, however in this case your Job WIP quantity will be always less than required quantity so if this is ok with you then go a head.
  3. 10 parts SubCon dispatched, then 8 Received, and 2 sent to the Quality Area NCR/DMR, now Epicor will not close the operation and you will not be able to close the job when finished until you clarify these quantities
1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to do that! Much love!

1 Like