Stop Execution in Kinetic BAQ

In Classic BAQ Editor, there is a small x to cancel returning data in the event that you tested a BAQ that is too large. Is there similar cancel execution button in the kinetic BAQ editor? I just tested a BAQ, and the little spinny icon is chugging away. I would like to cancel and then set a row limit before I test it again.

Edit: I guess I can just close the analyze/test tab that gets opened up. Is that the preferred method?

There is an icon in the panel header for that.

5 Likes

Oh! I missed that little page with the crossout is the Cancel Query button! Thank you Olga. Strangely when I test a long running BAQ and the try to cancel it, the spinny wheel keeps turning, and the BAQ doesn’t cancel. Eventually it will return the data. Could it be that this button is not working correctly yet?

1 Like

well. technically it works, so if you click it and query is not yet finished on server, then event viewer will contain an error like

Ice.Common.EpicorServerException: Query Id: zz. Cannot continue the execution because the session is in the kill state.
A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.
—> System.Exception: Query Id: zz. Cannot continue the execution because the session is in the kill state.
A severe error occurred on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.
—> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot continue the execution because the session is in the kill state.

but if it already has a bunch of rows to return it will still take time to load them back into the grid.

4 Likes