SSRS server URL for cloud?

Trying to edit an SSRS. When opening Microsoft Report Builder it’s asking for a report server url.

Any idea where I can find that? Cloud, not on premise.

Can you bypass it, mine asks to connect to one, but not provide one.
I just click no.

carguyno

I can click cancel, but I’d like to pull the data in. Trying to figure out an issue with the report, and in this case need the data to see the cause.

I found this post (How To preview an SSRS Report in Report Builder in a hosted "Saas" Environment - #4 by aidacra) that is the same issue. Unless things have changed since 2017, there is no way to get that data.

You can’t.

2 Likes

Yes things have changed. Use the Generate for Design function.

1 Like

After you use the generate for design function, add a table to your report. If you use the wizard, it takes about 2 seconds to throw your entire dataset onto the report. Preview using Excel. Now you have your dataset.

1 Like

Can you plesae explain this in greater detail? Somehow you are talking about editing ssrs reports and previewing in excel, that doesn’t make any sense to me.

Have you used the generate for design function before? If you search those words in the application help there should be a walk through. I think then it will make sense to you.

1 Like

Can you send me a screenshot of an ssrs report generated in excel? I just want to see what the output looks like.

When you pick excel as the output format for any report when you print preview it, the output is . . .an excel workbook. It’s no different when you are in the Design SSRS dialog, you are just previewing the report the same as if you were previewing it from any other screen in epicor.

1 Like

I found this post from @Rich that sounds familiar now :thinking:

Thank you for clarifying, my mind just assumes SSRS = paginated report and not anything to do with excel.

Yes that’s the functionality I’m talking about - but there is a simple step by step in the help.

1 Like