SSRS Report Error

Hi,

I’ve created a new version of our Quote Report. It works perfectly in Test, however, when I move it to Live (I have created the necessary Report Style and Data Definition) it Errors on me with the following detail.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset ‘RptLabels’. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name ‘RptLabels_2c8d09a590894191946f92e43809a72c’.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.InternalRender(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Stream& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning& Warnings, String& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportExecution2005Impl.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, Byte& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning& Warnings, String& StreamIds)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, Byte& Result, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning& Warnings, String& StreamIds)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object parameters)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.Render(String Format, String DeviceInfo, String& Extension, String& MimeType, String& Encoding, Warning& Warnings, String& StreamIds)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsReportRenderer.Render(SsrsRenderInformationBase renderInformation)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.RenderReportForPreviewOrClientPrint(SysRptLst sysRptLstRow) at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase1.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation, Action1 modifySysRptLstRow) at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder1.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(SqlConnection connection)
at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder`1.XMLClose()
at Erp.Internal.EQ.QuotForm.RunProcess(Int32 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName)
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask()
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.RunTask(Int32 ipTaskNum)

I can see that it’s something to do with the RptLabels, but have no idea how to fix…

Does anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this?

Many thanks

Check the data connections in the SSRS report, I have seen similar issues where the connections needs to be re-created.

You have to make sure that the report is pointing to the Production environment. When you transfer a report from Test to Production, you have to change what it is pointing to also. It does not automatically change it.

Have you accidentally hard coded your GUID?

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m clearly even more of a novice than I thought.

How do I recreate/check that the data connections are pointing at the Live Environment? I thought that because both Test and Live appear in my Data Source Properties, that I’d be OK. Clearly not.

I don’t believe I’ve hard coded the GUID - I don’t input a GUID anywhere when working on the report.

Thanks again for your help, all.

Try and open the report click the prod datasource you have shown, test connection, and then click OK.

Even though it shows both on the reports, the correct one needs it to be selected. The report is not clear on which one is selected.

I currently don’t have an SSRS environment up and running (very poor install from before me) and we are upgrading from 8. So anything I say is coming from memory (that is to say it is not accurate).

I remember it was something like right clicking on the report in the report repository and selecting the properties (or something like that). I found a screen shot online that shows you what you should see.

Go under Data Sources and check there.

Try using the Embedded Connection option and manually create the connection.

Thanks - I’ve done this and it works perfectly!

1 Like

Great please mark complete!!!

Thanks,

Ken