SSRS - Print Terms and Conditions on back of every page

Hello Folks,

Any idea on how to print terms and conditions on (1 page auxiliary document) back of every page? For instance, say I have Pack Slip having 20 shipment lines.

I want all the pack slip info to be printed on odd page, and even page should contain terms and condition.

I tried SSRS Page Break property, but managed to print the auxiliary document on the last page only.

Any suggestions in achieving this??

Assuming this printer is only printing packing slips from Epicor–you could pre-print the terms and conditions on one side, and just put the pre-printed stock back into the tray so that only the odd pages would have to be printed.

If they print other things from this printer–does the printer have more than one tray? If so, would still recommend pre-printing the terms and conditions and just putting that stock into one tray, and have your users print from that tray when they print packslips.

If the terms and conditions have to be printed at time of printing the pack slip, I’d have to defer to others more knowledgeable with SSRS report development.

2 Likes

thats a good option. but, since our terms and conditions also contains shipto information, we cannot pre-print terms and condition. it need to be on the fly. so, have to do some research on it. anyway, thanks for your inputs @aidacra.

We’d be interested as well as we have different T/C based on product being sold (and customer language settings)… I’ve managed to do it in Crystal, but have yet to try it in SSRS. I’ve only done some basic things is SSRS.

I understand that SSRS prints like it’s a single continuous page (eg Web Page) and that the most recent version of SSRS/Report Builder included headers and footers. If there is a way to calculate header/footer and the associated pagination then we should be able to use it.

I’m also told that there is a way to ‘count’ the number of lines being printed using some code in the RDL (not sure where) and trigger a section’s visibility based on line# being great enough to equal a new page - thus ‘inserting’ our T/C.

I’ve also heard that someone wrote a script that uses a PDF editor to insert the T/C pages between the odd pages. It’s a post-processing extra step, but if you save the SSRS PDF to a particular directory and there is a file-monitor service running that will run the script, it could be considered almost automated… then you just have to email that output PDF from the script.

I’m throwing out all the ideas/tidbits I’ve collected in case it’s sparks anything to solve our problem :slight_smile:

Mike

1 Like

@aidacra and @MikeGross … just to let you know where i am upto now on this.

Hack 1: my PM suggested to increase the width(i set 8.5) of the report page. so that report will always insert a blank page after report body . Now, the blank page will have report header & footer. this mean, odd page will have packslip content and even page will be blank but contains report header & footer. using page number, replace the report header with terms and condition or shipto information on the blank page.

Hack 2: dynamically increase/decrease the report header & footer size based on page number to accommodate report header (company information) and auxiliary document. I have not figured out a way for it.

Using Hack 1, we are just displaying ship to information on back of all even page, and odd page have the pack slip info.
To display Terms and Condition elegantly, I have to find a way in applying Hack 2.

to be continued…

Another option that we see all of time from our customers is to add this to your footer:”

“Terms and Conditions can be found at https://company.com/terms”

This gives one a lot more room to display the terms. When adding to a document, you must compress it down to a single page.

Mark W.

4 Likes

Now you just need talk our legal dept into letting us do that instead of wasting pages on tiny print T&Cs :wink:

1 Like

@Randy - Agreed. Our lawyers are totally against that ‘on the website’ option…

1 Like

I think the lawyers care less where it is, they just want the customers/suppliers to sign the form that says they agree to it! :wink:

Hi Prakash,
Print Terms and Conditions on back of every page, thanks for your inputs. I can not change Header and footer size dynamically.Did you finish the logic?
Please support me

we were fine with hack 1. what are you trying to achieve?

Hai Prakash,
I tried but I can not achieve the hack 2.
Any approach for back side printing of every page?
Thanks,

Perhaps the answer is not to use SSRS and use Bartender (if you have it).

Curiosity got the better of me and a bit of googling took me here. Whilst the example is not exactly what you are after it gives you good insight how you possibly could add the T&Cs onto every other page and have them contain dynamic data. Would that work with a Epicor RDD… I am sure you could work it out.

Here is the link How to Make a Cover Page for Your SQL Server SSRS Report | Interface Technical Training

i played around in achieving this in ssrs and couldn’t get it working.