SSRS Print Tasks not clearing in System Monitor

I’m having an SSRS issue in 10.1.500.7 That Epicor Support has been unable to figure out, so I’m hoping someone here can provide some guidance.

We are in the process of implementing Epicor 10. We currently run Vantage 8 but this is a fresh install, no conversion. This is our first experience with SSRS, as we used Crystal Reports up to now. When we submit a run-now print job, whether directly to the printer or to preview or generate-only, the job runs without incident but task stays in the System Monitor and repeats every two minutes or so. It also logs each repetition in the Task History. I also see the following errors in Windows Event Viewer (Applications and Services Logs | Epicor ICE Task Agent Service) on the server where the application server resides:

EpicorDemoDB: An error occurred trying to update schedule ## - Immediate Run Request:
Error Detail:
Input array is longer than the number of columns in this table.
Stack Trace: at System.Data.DataTable.NewRecordFromArray(Object[] value)
at System.Data.DataTable.UpdatingAdd(Object[] values)
at System.Data.DataTable.LoadDataRow(Object[] values, Boolean fAcceptChanges)
at Ice.TaskAgentCore.TaskAgent.UpdateSchedule(SysAgentRow sysAgent, SysAgentSchedRow sysAgentSchedule)
at Ice.TaskAgentCore.TaskAgent.ProcessSchedule(DataRow row, SysAgentDataSet sysAgentData, Boolean firstPass)

EpicorDemoDB: An error occurred trying to run tasks for agent: Task Description: ReportName User: EpicorUserName
Error Detail:
Input array is longer than the number of columns in this table.
Stack Trace: at System.Data.DataTable.NewRecordFromArray(Object[] value)
at System.Data.DataTable.UpdatingAdd(Object[] values)
at System.Data.DataTable.LoadDataRow(Object[] values, Boolean fAcceptChanges)
at Ice.TaskAgentCore.TaskAgent.CreateTaskInstance(ImplCaller`1 sysTaskCaller, SysAgentDataSet sysAgentData, SysAgentSchedRow agentSched)

If I manually remove the job from the Scheduled Tasks grid in System Monitor, the jobs stop. However, the first event happens every time the system polls the tasks looking for queued print jobs, for every schedule category that exists in System Agent (startup, interval, immediate run request, etcetera). I’ve spend a total of four hours on the phone with tech support, and they have no idea of what the cause is. If someone here has encountered this issue or something similar and was able to resolve it, any direction would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mr. Bryan: This is a total guess - but you might want to make sure your Task Agent is using an Active Directory Domain Account for the task agent service (services.msc).

DaveO

Dave,

Currently, it is using Local System. I will try changing the logon account to a domain account tomorrow and advise. Thanks.

bb

This bug is solved, or rather, a workaround has been implemented. The problem was caused by adding UD fields to the SysAgent table. The BO then includes these fields in the datatable and creates a field count mismatch with the data array passed by the process. I informed Epicor, and I believe they are going to add SysAgent to the list of tables that cannot have UD fields. I moved the UD fields to the Company table and that solved the problem.