SSRS not working

This is a new installation and SSRS is not working. I can’t print any SSRS forms or reports. And i get the same error when trying to install a solution. I have re-installed SQL and Epicor about 3 times now…following their guides. It is acting like their is a permissions issue. The error listed below is from a SO I tried to print preview. The permission error says for a user but this is not a USER we have. it is the name of the APP server minus the $ sign. Any thoughts??

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask: The permissions granted to user ‘TGI\TISCLE-E10APPP1$’ are insufficient for performing this operation. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.AccessDeniedException: The permissions granted to user ‘TGI\TISCLE-E10APPP1$’ are insufficient for performing this operation.
Stack Trace:
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Ice.Core.SsrsReportService.ReportExecutionService.LoadReport(String Report, String HistoryID) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\Web References\SsrsReportService\Reference.cs:line 287
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.ConfigureReportServerForReport(String reportPath, ParameterValue[] parameters) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 163
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.b__0() in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsSingleDocumentRenderer.cs:line 49
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.<>c__DisplayClass12_0.b__0() in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 87
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.TimeAction(Action actionToTime) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 92
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.TraceHandle.AddTimedIfEnabled(String traceFlag, Action actionToTime, Func2 messageBuilder) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\TraceHandle.cs:line 39 at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.SsrsRendererBase.TraceReportRendered(String printProgram, String ssrsRenderFormat, Func1 timedAction) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\SsrsRendererBase.cs:line 95
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.RenderReportForPreviewOrGenerate(RenderedSsrsReport renderedReport) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 258
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.ReportProcessorBase.ProcessReportPart(String reportLocation) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\ReportProcessorBase.cs:line 152
at Ice.Core.SsrsReporting.StandardReportProcessor.ProcessReportParts() in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\SsrsReporting\StandardReportProcessor.cs:line 31
at Ice.Core.RoutingAndBreaking.ReportPersister.Persist(ReportInstanceInformation reportInstance, Func2 reportsRenderer, Action1 fillSysRptLstRow, Action2 processReport) in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RoutingAndBreaking\ReportPersister.cs:line 50 at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RenderUnroutedSsrsReport() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 302 at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.RunSsrsReportIfEnabled() in C:\_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 227 at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.ProcessReportWithDataInPlace(Func2 executeCommand, Func`2 executeReader, SqlObjectsCreated sqlObjectsCreated) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportSsrsDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 111
at Ice.Core.RptBase.ReportDatabaseBuilder.XMLClose() in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\TaskLib\RptBase\ReportDatabaseBuilder.cs:line 93
at Erp.Internal.OM.SalesOrderAck.RunProcess(Int64 instanceTaskNum, String outputFileName) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.200.12\Source\Server\Internal\OM\SalesOrderAck\SalesOrderAck.cs:line 612
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.InnerExecuteTask(IceDataContext newContext) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 98
at Ice.Hosting.TaskCaller.ExecuteTask() in C:_Releases\ICE\RL3.2.200.0\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Hosting\TaskCaller\TaskCaller.cs:line 57
at Ice.Lib.RunTask.BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.Run(String sessionIdPrefix, IceContext db, Action taskRunner) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\BpmFriendlyTaskLauncher.cs:line 63
at Ice.Services.Lib.RunTaskSvc.InnerRunTask(Int64 ipTaskNum, Boolean suppressTransaction) in C:_Releases\ICE\ICE3.2.200.12\Source\Server\Services\Lib\RunTask\RunTask.cs:line 549

Found the fix. It was buried in the Epicor Technical Reference (not sure whey they couldn’t put this in installation guide)

From Epicor10_techrefSystemAdministration_101500.pdf:

Permissions Granted Error
Users are unable to print any SSRS reports. When you check the ICE Task Agent Service event log, you see the
following error:
• The permissions granted to user ‘Domain\ApplicationServer$’ are insufficient for performing this operation.
This error occurs when the Epicor ERP application server is installed on a separate server from Microsoft SQL
Reporting Services (SSRS), and the Epicor ERP application server is linked to an application pool that uses a
LocalSystem identify. Because SSRS is installed on a different server, SSRS cannot authenticate the LocalSystem
account across both servers.

1. Log into your server machine that contains the Epicor ERP application server.
  2. Launch Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
  3. From the tree view, select the Application Pools node.
  4. Now select the application pool for your Epicor ERP application.
  5. From the Actions pane, select the Advanced Settings… option.
    The Advanced Settings window displays.
  6. Locate the Identity property; notice it displays the LocalSystem value.
  7. Change this property to use a valid domain service account.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Now from the Actions pane, Stop the application server.
1 Like

I’m glad I’ve stumble across this post. Trying to figure out why our reports weren’t printing either is next on my to-do list. Currently we were just viewing the PDF and then printing from there.

Thanks for posting your solution!

1 Like

Regarding the “valid domain services account”, did you have to create one? When I specify the domain user account with domain admin privs, in this scenario, the task agent won’t start. I am getting the same error with any Builtin option I can select in the Identity field of the app pool.
This is a new install:
Windows Server 2012R2
SQL Server 2016
Epicor10.2.200.15
Thanks for any help,
Paul

All good. All that was needed was to add ‘<Servername>$’ as a local admin on the db server.