SSRS Email/Fax

Hello,

Instead of printing, we are trying to email an SSRS report but I am receiving the following error in System Monitor

The parameter ‘address’ cannot be an empty string.
Parameter name: address

Is there something else that needs to be setup. Any documents out there for this feature?
I have created BPMs that send out emails and they are working just fine.

Thanks

How are you trying to email the SSRS? We have BPMs and our users also do it from the in system menu, ie: Sales Order Entry, on the main tool bar, the user clicks on Print icon. Then clicks the email icon on the Print dialog’s tool bar, fills out the To/CC, Subject, and Body and clicks the button to send the email.

We are trying to Email SSRS via the system menu but we cannot get that to work.

Our SMTP settings are setup in Company Maintenance & other custom BPMs are working fine for sending other emails.
I am guessing there is different setup involved on the server side for emailing SSRS?

Did you check the SMTP setup on your Client.sysconfig file?

Is there a valid email from address in your company config? We set other addresses as the from in our BPMs.

I’m going to set up a free fax service in my new office. Can you please help me about it?

Do you want to email or fax any ssrs report from epicor ?

Regards

Thanks for your reply here. Actually, I want to set up fax service in my office. This time I have been searching for a reliable vendor which can help me to send and receiver faxes from other sources.

I’m happy enough because I found a good guidelines how to set up and send lot so faxes. Actually google fax has helped me to that check out this blog. I already installed this app on my mac device. I"m really excited to try this one now. :slight_smile: