SO Commission Report

Lauren, good afternoon.

That is the only field with the SalesReps to work with (in 8.03 that I can remember). It is an array-field, with elements separated by a tilde, from which you need to extract the 5 potential Sales Reps. This extraction can be done in Crystal and then tied to the proper Sales Rep Commission (combination of RepRate1-5 and RepSplit1-5 fields either at OrderHed or OrderDtl levels); so, you can calculate the commission for each of the Reps in an Order, but the problem is tying them to a SalesRep Name.

Let me dig into my notes on Crystal to extract these elements from the array and will let you know if I find anything. Crystal Reports forums (BusinessObjects) should also have information on this. Sorry if I am too vague, but wanted at least to give you some start-up information on it.

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

SABRE TUBULAR STRUCTURES (tm)
www.sabretubularstructures.com<http://www.sabretubularstructures.com/>
8653 E. Hwy 67 | Alvarado, TX 76009
Phone: 817-852-1700 ext. 11858 | Direct Line: 817-852-1858 |Fax: 817-852-1705

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Has anyone out there written a report or query for calculating commissions at the sales order level? We need a report for our sales reps that will calculate their expected commissions from open sales orders. I am able to calculate the commission correctly, but have not been able to actually pull in the correct sales rep code/rep name. The only field option I have from the OrderHed or OrderDtl tables is a field called SalesRepList. The definition for this field is below:

Stores the Sales Rep Codes for the order. Up to five codes can be established. This field is not directly maintainable. Instead temp widgets are used for entry of each individual code and then put together as one comma delimited string field and assigned to this field. This field will have a Word index, it then will make reporting and data base integrity checking much easier through the use of the "contains phrase" when retrieving records. These codes can be left blank or must be valid in the SalesRep master. The first one is defaulted from the Customer master if ship to is blank; otherwise, from the Ship To.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lauren Hellings
Business Analyst
Office: 281-207-0667 x26
Cell: 832-472-1736
Fax: 281-207-0672
email: lauren.hellings@...<mailto:lauren.hellings@...>
www.c-p-i.com<http://www.c-p-i.com/>

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee. No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]