Single Sign-on for 10.2.200

I am setting up single sign-on by following the documents in the help files. I am on the client computer where I need to edit the sysconfig file. I did so and got an error.

Hmm. I don’t think you’re going to get a lot of bites in this one @Will79. You might want to include the error message or something that people could sink their teeth into.

My bad! So bussy i forgot to attach it!

I would take your backup copy of the config file and make your change again. (You did back it up before modifying it, right? :smirk:)

Or take one from another computer if you didn’t. XML has to be well-formed. If you left off a “\” then all heck breaks loose, CAPS and lowercase living together…mass hysteria.

Mark W.

2 Likes

It is much simpler to create a new appserver with the Windows endpoint binding from the EAC directly than to convert an existing appserver to use the Windows endpoint binding.

If you create a new appserver, you would run the client installer again and during that process, the properly formatted sysconfig file will be copied to the workstations.

3 Likes

@aidacra Jsut curious, when I updated the original appserver and redeployed, why did the one on the server work? I will reinstall Epicor 10.2 on my machine.

@aidacra and @Mark_Wonsil Before I mark this as fixed, I wasn’t wondering, now that I can log in via single sign-on it comes up with the Epicor screen and still requires a login. Obviously I am missing something.

Please take a screenshot of the screen that is prompting you for login.

That feels like it might be from Active Homepage / EDD.

Quick test:
Edit the target line of yourshortcut, and at the end add -mainmenu

For eg.
C:\Epicor\ERP10\ERP10.0.xxx\ClientDeployment\Client\Epicor.exe -config=E10DemoDB.sysconfig -mainmenu

Apply and launch it again. Do you still get the credential prompt?

(this will force classic menu)

No, that worked! Thanks! Curous, how can I get the Active Homepage with SSO without the cred pop up? Or has those issues not been worked out yet?

I only dabble with Active Homepage so I would recommend opening an epiccare case and the actual expert Support people on the team that work in this area could offer some help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Geez, I thought you did everything. Kinda wished you could help me out with my issue of no tbeing able to opne Report Builder form my live prodution. A certain tech that is assigned is so busy and hard to get a hold of these days.