Single part

Hi Everybody,
Quick question.
Can you add material to a single part without using the engineering workbench?

no… the only way to update the BOM for a part is to check it out to the Engineering Workbench.

2 Likes

Depending on the use case you could probably do something via code (replicating the steps of checking out via engineering workbench) but you’d likely have diminishing returns on all that work for a small process.

You can add material to a job for a part without affecting the part or using Engineering Workbench. As long as the job is open!

1 Like

Thanks,
I only want to add material to a part without using Eng workbench

Thanks

Thank you

You could use DMT

What is DMT? I am new to Epicor.

DMT is the Data Management Tool. A Subscription-based service that Epicor will sell you to help automate table loading, deleting, and updating. It is a very powerful tool, but you don’t need it in this case. Why do you need to add material outside of EngWB? If you’re trying to bypass a permissions issue, you should just fix the security settings.

I have over 500 parts that I have to add material to

EWB is so cumbersome to check out

Add material

New revision

Check in

They should have a drag and drop option

See all the part numbers in a table

See all the material in a table

Drag material to part

CNTRL S

You are done

image001.jpg

Yes. This is a clear case for DMT. If you get it, this kind of update becomes trivial. I resisted DMT for a long time. I made custom BPMs using UD tables to get around not having it. Now that we do have the DMT, I will never look back!

For what you are doing, 500 parts should update in less than an hour. You do all your edits in Excel, and then just upload it. Let us know if you get the DMT and we can help you get this setup.
Good luck!

1 Like