Showing customization from the menu button

Hey

I have made some customizations to the change log form and added a new version 1.01. I went to Menu Maintenance to change the customization on the Job Entry menu button but the customization is not showing.

Is there a different process to show the customization version on the changelog button?

Thanks

Is the customization marked for “All Companies” ? If not, uncheck all companies in menu maintenance.

All Companies is greyed out and to remove any doubt, i created another customization version and made sure all companies was checked but it still doesnt show. The button settings are-

• Program Type:Non Menu Item
  • Icon: Entry
  • Program: Ice.UI.ChgLogEntry.dll
  • Dashboard: nothing
  • Report: greyed out
  • Customization: version not showing
  • URL: Nothing
  • Form To Use: User Choice

You’ll need to go to Actions → Copy To Current Company

Hmm. Normally, when a sub-form is customized - say Get Details - then the calling form has to use the same customization name in the Menu as the sub-form. Try creating an empty customization on Job Entry and call it the exact same name as the name of the customization for the Change Log. I’m not sure if Change Log acts differently than other sub-forms, but somehow, Epicor needs to know how to pass the customization name into the call.

If that works, then that’ll suck for you if we expect that customization to show on every form in Epicor. @klincecum may have some tricks up his sleeve.