Shop Floor Data Collection Hardware

I like TCs.  Nothing like a device with no fan or moving parts in a plant environment.   Especially if not the cleanest.   USB can handle most all new devices.  Also a TC will offer a layer of protection for viruses if not joined to the domain - but I hear in 10 they must be joined which disturbs me.  Much less footprint than a PC and can be mounted on posts or columns easier. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date:07/21/2014 2:03 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Shop Floor Data Collection Hardware

<div id="ygrps-yiv-448889785ygrp-text">

<p></p><p><span>Vantage 8.03.408!</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Looking for opinions, and not about why&nbsp;we are still on 8.03.xx :o)</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>We&nbsp;currently have four (4) Data Collection stations setup on the Shop Floor.&nbsp; I am using Thin Clients with Windows embedded and running a TS session to&nbsp;a TS Server&nbsp;to run Vantage Data Collection.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>I would like to have printers at each station (paper and label).&nbsp; I also want to move to barcoding at each.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>My questions:&nbsp; 1) What do&nbsp;you prefer, Thin Client or Desktop PC?&nbsp; 2) What works best with additional hardware (i.e. printers and bar code hardware), Thin Client or Desktop PC?</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thanks much.</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Jeff</span></p><p></p>

</div>

Vantage 8.03.408!

Looking for opinions, and not about why we are still on 8.03.xx :o)

We currently have four (4) Data Collection stations setup on the Shop Floor.  I am using Thin Clients with Windows embedded and running a TS session to a TS Server to run Vantage Data Collection.

I would like to have printers at each station (paper and label).  I also want to move to barcoding at each.

My questions:  1) What do you prefer, Thin Client or Desktop PC?  2) What works best with additional hardware (i.e. printers and bar code hardware), Thin Client or Desktop PC?

Thanks much.

Jeff