Shipping Speed updateMaster

Looking for some advice. Been talking with Epicor tech support, they have been excellent in this, and they have helped me find that part of or speed issue in Shipping is the BPM’s we have on CustShip when it updateMaster. It takes a long time. So, I checked and the only BPM I have for that object is three that throw exceptions for Collect with no billing, COD, and Date Error, and they are on CustShip.update, NOT updateMaster.

If I have no BPM’s on the updateMAster, why would it be running so slow?

If update is causing the issues, How would I go about making them run faster, or can it even be done?

CustShip.Update is run from inside CustShip.UpdateMaster.
I would try disabling them all and see if that improves the speed. Then you can narrow down the specific BPM(s) that is causing the issue.

1 Like

Makes sense. We have three, one of which I cannot disable. Yet it is something I can move to the front of the house and have it thrown during Order Entry. This one is for orders that are Collect but have No Billing Info. Figured, get that off of the Shipping back, and put that on the Order Entry folks back, where it should be. at least for our setup.

That should work. It will also help diagnose if that is your issue. By the way, the queries in BPMs are particular in how they are designed as to how they will perform. They don’t run the same way as a BAQ (even if it looks the same). Ensure
your joins are correct and the tables are sorted (look at the number in the corner of the table) so that they are in the right flow.

For instance:

ShipHead > ShipDtl > OrderHed

Jason Woods

Owner | Jason Woods Consulting

jason@jasonwoods.me | Cell: 360.903.4893

www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncwoods

http://jasonwoods.me

Jason do you like putting BPMs on the Master or Update? :slight_smile:

Thanks! On a similar but different note, my shipping manager would like to have it set so that if the PayAccount does not have an Alpha character and the Shipvia is set to FedEx, then it throws an error.

It depends on the circumstances. Normally I either follow the trace, or use a data directive. If I choose Update, it’s because the MasterUpdate didn’t fire during UpdateExt.

1 Like

Should be possible via BPM as well. Widgets can do this nicely.