Setup Multiple Jobs on a PO for Outside Service without Multiple Releases?

Is there a way to setup multiple jobs for outside service to a PO without creating separate lines or releases? We have numerous jobs that go to vendors for outside services, and some vendors are starting to charge us additional fees for having multiple releases on a PO. Currently, we might have 5 jobs that need the same outside service so we make a PO with 1 line and 5 releases for each of the jobs. The vendor now wants to add 4x additional fees for trying to put 5 items on 1 PO, and if we make 5 different POs then they also have an initial fee for each PO.

What the purchasing team wants to do is issue all 5 jobs on 1 PO on 1 Line/Release as if it was 1 big order. So if all 5 jobs were for 20pcs, they would only have 1 Line/Release for 100pcs and then when they’re received back all 5 jobs would get their respective 20pcs. Our parts can also be serialized to add a little more complexity.

Does anyone have any recommendations on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

if you have the advanced scheduling module, it is possible to do what is called Job Batching… here is how it works:

1. you can batch any common operations from multiple jobs into one job that does the batched work
  2. you go into Resource Scheduling board, select the 5 jobs that are going through the one (or more) common operations, and batch them together
  3. the system creates a NEW Batch job with the operations chosen, and consolidates all the quantity together
  4. then (in theory) you would create the one PO for the new batched job
  5. ship the items to sub contractor
  6. receive the items back, and close the batch job… the costs should be proportionally split back and returned to the mother jobs.

PLEASE NOTE: I have never tried this with a sub contractor operation… i personally have only tried this with a standard internal operation, but i see no reason why this would not work.

1 Like

Thanks. I think we only have the basic scheduling module but I’ll check to see if we can do that.