Setting up Kanban suggestions

Trying for a little thread necromancy rather than a new topic.
Looking for documentation on Kanban within Epicor 10 with more details than window description.
Anyone know which user guide or technical reference that would be in @ either 10.2.100 or lower?
We’re currently using standard jobs for part creation cut from raw material, those parts would then go towards the full assembly on another job.
This is textbook Kanban scenario but I need to do a path trace so it doesn’t affect finances material cost.

Are you tracking labor on these standard jobs? Does a standard labor value work for these? If they don’t, then you can’t use Kanban jobs. If a labor standard works, then you will basically get the same part at the same cost (if material costs are constant) every time.

Time is tracked when they scan into a job but I would need to get with the controller to see if we couldn’t just find a standard cost assigned. The jobs are on an automated machine with a specific quantity output each time with the only manual work being time to prep the cloth. We’ve done cycle times enough that we track their output % on a different spreadsheet.

That could work then. When you do a Kanban job you just put in a part number and a quantity. Then the system grabs the details from the part master, completes all the operations, backflushes the material, applies the standard labor that you have set on the master, and closes the job for you. It’s a nice solution if you have a very repeatable process.

And it works with lot numbers!

1 Like

That’s perfect then because each cut is tracked under a number.
Just need better documentation than the snippits i found in the Application user guide.
Looks like it’s tied to the replenishment work bench?

1 Like