Setting the security at the field level

We are interested in how everyone is dealing with these security issues as well. We have tried to limit user’s access to wage rates. This is successful through field security in the shop employee table, but it appears you have to set the field access in every table, form etc that wages appear.

In addition, allowing users access to personalization gives them the ability to view fields they should not have access to. Not allowing them to personalize at all sort of defeats the purpose of giving them the ability to move fields in a grid as they wish.

Best to all

Pam

Metro Machine

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sreejith Jaganathan
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2010 2:08 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Setting the security at the field level

Hi Friends,

Anybody there to help me out for the below issue.

Regards

Sreejith J

Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 5:35:32 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Setting the security at the field level

Hello Friends

I am having a a doubt related to setting the security at the field level. I was checking this in a test environment. I had given one of the user the accessibility only to the finance module. This was done through Menu Security. Later I tried to set the field security for the same user. I used the table PODetail and selected the field UnitCost and disallowed the access to the user.

I then found that through the PO tracker the user was able to see the unit cost. I then gave access to the Materials Module and then I tried the Purchase Order Entry from the same userid and I found that the user is able to access it.

Could any body clearly let me know how to use the FIELD LEVEL security with an example.

Regards

Sreejith J

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hello Friends

I am having a a doubt related to setting the security at the field level. I was checking this in a test environment. I had given one of the user the accessibility only to the finance module. This was done through Menu Security. Later I tried to set the field security for the same user. I used the table PODetail and selected the field UnitCost and disallowed the access to the user.

I then found that through the PO tracker the user was able to see the unit cost. I then gave access to the Materials Module and then I tried the Purchase Order Entry from the same userid and I found that the user is able to access it.

Could any body clearly let me know how to use the FIELD LEVEL security with an example.

Regards

Sreejith J

Hi Friends,

Anybody there to help me out for the below issue.

Regards

Sreejith J

Sent: Sat, January 30, 2010 5:35:32 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Setting the security at the field level

Hello Friends

Regards

Sreejith J