Service Issues

Does anyone on this board use Epicor cloud services? If so, how often is your system at least partially down or works so slow you can not be productive?
For instance today none of our credit cards will post. Tech support says they are working on the issue, but it has been 3 hours now and will create at least double the work for my staff. We are finding things like this happen more frequently than we would like. Would just like to know if others have similar issues.

Couple times a year maybe.

I agree with Evan. About twice a year over the three years.

Separately, our credit card (on prem) stopped working yesterday and it was an expired certificate.

BTW @StuartP, what cloud services are you using from Epicor? ST? MT? DT/Public Cloud?

Have they gotten your certificate refreshed? We have been down about 3 hours now without any luck in getting it fixed.

Public Cloud, I haven’t tracked our down time since we started with Epicor last September, but I bet we have had outages at least once a month, and slow response times almost daily.

Well I can’t comment on the slowness, we’ve only ever had cloud. Its slow but usable.

Thanks Evan, I appreciate the thoughts, trying to figure out if we need to move to another system…

What was the root cause? Did they say?

Slow compared to what expectation? What is slow? Login? First form load? Same form in the same session? All commands or some more than others? Using Active Desktop? Are server processes slow? Using a Terminal Server?

(Your profile indicates ST btw…)

I believe we had expired certs on our side that had to be installed on the machines that use the CC commands. I wasn’t involved but heard about it in our IT meeting.

I never get responses from them about what has caused the problem.
What I find is that the system response time is all over the place. For instance I was doing about 20 mass issues to some jobs this afternoon. Normally it takes the system about 3 to 4 seconds per issue to process. Today it was taking between 20 and 40 seconds.

I work in lots of different customer environments - personally I do not love the performance of cloud based Epicor (Epicor hosted as well as 3rd party Azure hosted). But with the bad comes the good, when things break (and they will) - at least you can let someone else stress over it.