Serial Track Parts

Hi,
I set up a serial tracked kit with a generating sequential mask serial number and we track the components within the serial tracked kit. When I try to receive in the kit the “add” button is not active to generate the serial number. However, if I do a quantity adjustment it allows me to click the “add” button and it will generate the next new number for me.

What am I missing in the set up to have the serial number auto generate when I try to perform the job to inventory receipt?
Thank you

If you are using the Sales Kit functionality in Epicor you cannot serial track the Sales Kit part number.

Is this a real limitation? I ask as this is a question I have been asked to pass by a few folks at Insights.

The top level part number of a kit MAY NOT be serialized. Only the components may be serialized.

I am good with that. How/When does the SN get entered?

We use JOBs so are used to assigning SN’s, but that is on a job.

We are not sure on the Sales Order.

Serial numbers get created in the Serial Number Assignment window.

So whenever you try to do a Job receipt to Inventory, and you go to select serial numbers, you wont be able to create it there. You would need to go to Serial Number Assignment window and in there you would be able to generate the Serial Numbers.

Regards

Mario

I am looking for serialized parts in sales kits though. There is no job.

Depends on if they are manufactured or purchased.

The manufactured parts will get a serial number when they are put into stock.

The purchased parts will get a serial number upon receipt.