Serial Mask Prefix Length

I have had a request from a customer for serial numbers to be attached with an 11 digit prefix, but currently Epicor is not allowing us to exceed 10. This will make up their item number of 6 digits followed by supplier ID (us) of 5 digits, and then a further 5 for the unique number to total 16 digits.

Is there a way to extend the allowance to enter into the prefix field as this is a system field? I may get around it by adding the last digit to the serial number mask but my concern is if we use the mask for another part in the future, we have to remember to set up the starting sequence again with that number.

Thanks in advance!

Any reason not to use alphanumeric SNs instead?

the serial number is 40 characters so not sure why you cant enter in 11. Did you manage to resolve this??

I just entered a prefix of 11 x’s against a part in our test system and it accepted it??

Screenshot 2024-08-06 091755
We use the generation Type for our serial number mask as there can be hundreds created. We could use an alphanumeric Validation Type but would then require us to enter each number individually.

Is there another way we could be looking at this? Thanks

What is in your Mask field?

here is a 12 character SN

Just saw this. Looks like it is a restriction of the system.

Thanks for the input. I think this the best case for us to use the part number included in the serial number due to system limitations.
Thanks for all your help

1 Like